Help › Forums

Re: Multi Round Ready Go

Fri, May 22 2020 4:41 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2020 4:39 AM

HackWilson1930:

Each week there is a 100 credit open two round premium tournament that is limited to the first 200 participants. (This week only had 161 entrants.) While this is not a ready to go tournament in that it has a designated start and finish time, it is similar. It pays the top scores with a prize pool of 16,000 credits.

For those who think monthly, there is a four round 100 credit premium tournament that only pays the top 3 scorers.(Prize pool of 30,000 credits. This month there were 36 entrants.)

Perhaps WGT has looked at the number of entrants for these premium tournaments and realized that it might be difficult to fill RTG  multi-round tournaments in a timely fashion. It is an intriguing idea and worth more consideration, but I am fearful that WGT won't go further down this road. It is more likely that large country clubs will be left with the responsibility of running these kinds of tournaments.

Perhaps if they listen to your numbers.

As far as I know the 100c premier is always filled, for the number of entries to be 161 it would be neccessary for absolutely nobody to have withdrawn in the first round.  The same would need to be true for the monthly.  The truth is that many, the majority, withdraw these when they have a less than perfect start as they know this will put them out of contention for the few prizes available. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2020 4:41 AM

HackWilson1930:

Each week there is a 100 credit open two round premium tournament that is limited to the first 200 participants. (This week only had 161 entrants.) While this is not a ready to go tournament in that it has a designated start and finish time, it is similar. It pays the top scores with a prize pool of 16,000 credits.

For those who think monthly, there is a four round 100 credit premium tournament that only pays the top 3 scorers.(Prize pool of 30,000 credits. This month there were 36 entrants.)

Perhaps WGT has looked at the number of entrants for these premium tournaments and realized that it might be difficult to fill RTG  multi-round tournaments in a timely fashion. It is an intriguing idea and worth more consideration, but I am fearful that WGT won't go further down this road. It is more likely that large country clubs will be left with the responsibility of running these kinds of tournaments.

Thank you for your feedback. I always appreciate your comments. And I appreciate all the help you gave me when I was first starting with this game. 

I play in the weekly multi round open tournament every week. I have never known it to not sell out the first day. If I ever forget to sign up Monday morning, it is too late. I am guessing 39 entrants must have quit or not played this week. And yes, this is the kind of tournament I would love to see on a ready go. Although 4 rounds of 18 would be much more fun. 

The other tournament your mentioned is completely different. I'm surprised they get 39 players. With a large prize only to the top 3, I doubt 39 players are good enough to have a chance at those top 3 spots. Also, once again I don't think that tournament shows players that quit. So there are probably more than 39 who think they have a chance, but quit at their first mistake. You must play virtually perfect for a chance at top 3. 

Going back to the weekly multi round open... This is a perfect example of the success I think a multi round ready go would have. Make it 18 holes and 4 rounds, and I think players would flock to such an event. The open has 200 entrants and pays out to the top 70 and ties. Ready go's have 50 entrants and pay out to the top 30 and ties. These formats give many more players a good chance of getting a few credits even if they make a mistake early on.

And finally... The thing that would really make this format cool, is that so many more players would have a chance for credits, just for finishing their game. The current formats are filled with players that quit at the first sign of trouble. Like real golf, this format would reward those that play through a bad hole or two. And  would reward players that stick it out and finish their round. Ready Go tournaments do this now even. I have been in some where everybody who didn't quit finished in the top 30. A multi round ready go would encourage players to finish the tournament. I would guess that most players that finish would see a share of the prize.

The success of the weekly multi round open is exactly why WGT should do this. They have nothing to lose and only more money to gain.

Brett

• PAGES
RSS