Forums

Help › Forums

Re: " Brackets " 9 holes

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 9 2020 8:50 AM (3 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 4:50 AM
    24 hours to play each stage for 9 holes? Thats a total of 96 hours to play 4 , 9 hole loops for 100 credits. Wouldn,t it be better for everyone to " reduce" the 9 hole loops to 12 hours completion time? 9 holes takes 20 mins to play.!!
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 7:53 AM

I'm fairly sure the reasoning is so that it gives everyone a fairly equal chance to play. If it were only 12 hours to play, then a considerable amount of that time for some players would be during hours they're sleeping as well as possibly working (midnight to noon). 

In other words, I would guess they would get a number of complaints from those who fall within those hours. And that raises the broader question as to when to start the clock. 

So, the actual answer is "no" it wouldn't be better for everyone. It would be more expedient for those who the 12-hour fits their schedule, but it wouldn't be better. It's not about the length of time to play the round. It's about the equity of the rules of competition. 

That's just my 2 cents. 

Caveat: I'm just an observer and not a participant in these events. YMMV

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 8:39 AM

PRIESTESS:
    24 hours to play each stage for 9 holes? Thats a total of 96 hours to play 4 , 9 hole loops for 100 credits. Wouldn,t it be better for everyone to " reduce" the 9 hole loops to 12 hours completion time? 9 holes takes 20 mins to play.!!

Hi Tess,

As someone who does play them & a slight twist on your suggestion.

As it stands after all 16 have played we still have to wait for the 24 hours to elapse before Round 2 begins & then resets for the 8 players moving on.

So how about after the 16th & final score has been posted in Round 1 no matter how much time of round 1 is remaining that the 8 move on straight away & the 24 hour Clock starts then, this will also placate those that have limited daylight playing time/diff Timezones etc, a happy medium! ?

Ken

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 8:50 AM

Kenher01:

PRIESTESS:

Hi Tess,

As someone who does play them & a slight twist on your suggestion.

As it stands after all 16 have played we still have to wait for the 24 hours to elapse before Round 2 begins & then resets for the 8 players moving on.

So how about after the 16th & final score has been posted in Round 1 no matter how much time of round 1 is remaining that the 8 move on straight away & the 24 hour Clock starts then, this will also placate those that have limited daylight playing time/diff Timezones etc, a happy medium! ?

Ken

RSS