Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Enough is Enough

Sat, Jun 6 2020 7:58 PM (24 replies)
  • AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 2:56 AM

salamicus:

Just played first 3 holes of final showdown round. Its still happening , like in previous 4 or 5 showdowns... Having nice chance to make round -2, opponent forfeits...It gives message like this one , which I couldnt read at all btw..

Untitled

Tried Retry 10 times..then waited a little .Nothing happened.So I restarted game and saw that it gave me bogey on last hole...So ,high showdown hopes are basically over, just as final round has started..and because of what? Cause I played holes with some random player who is just there to forfeit and nothing else

Cant believe that happened to me more than once ,and im still playing it

Nik

dont press retry press cancel seems to then disappear and take you back to the game

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 8:48 AM

AndyJames123:
    dont press retry press cancel seems to then disappear and take you back to the game

that is true now, which I too discovered, but like a pavlovian dog, I had learned cancel could lead to forfeit as it had in the past.  So "retry" was the initial response due to my "conditioning"... and then, eventually like pecking chickens we eventually try the alternative to see what works now.

Yet something did change because this error or bug is happening a lot more often.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2020 3:43 PM

AndyJames123:

Thanks... Never thought about canceling the "Ooops". Does those buttons make sense anyway? and who knows what is written inside that box :) ..But good to know

Nik

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 8:01 AM

el3n1:

AndyJames123:

that is true now, which I too discovered, but like a pavlovian dog, I had learned cancel could lead to forfeit as it had in the past.  So "retry" was the initial response due to my "conditioning"... and then, eventually like pecking chickens we eventually try the alternative to see what works now.

Yet something did change because this error or bug is happening a lot more often.

MK Ultra experiment to see how many times each of us pressed retry before finally trying cancel.....reckon i was up to around 70 :)

• CaverNolema
    10 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2020 7:58 PM

There are differences somewhere, because every time I've had an opponent forfeit during a showdown I was allowed to just continue on my own,until my 3 holes were completed. 

I play 100% of the time on my phone,which may make a difference. 

My issue is the same as many. I get the automatic bogeys when the game freezes, and can't continue.

That happens very often to people in showdowns. 

I have been able to get a stroke back here and there in situations where my opponent makes a long birdie putt as I'm waiting to try mine. 

On the final hole that has given me a birdie on 3 occasions where I probably wasn't going to make my own birdie putt .

The game giveth, but it seems to take away more when these things happen during showdowns 

RSS