Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why Can't I Pitch/Chip when I want

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 9 2020 5:53 AM (8 replies)
  • Cenzo91
    23 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 11:34 AM

Why does the game simply not allow me to chip or pitch when I'm OFF THE DAMN GREEN???  This is the single aspect of this game that absolutely pisses me off.  Any logic in that?

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 12:52 PM

It's there in the shot selection, don't let the caddy give you something you don't want. You have the option of putt, chip, pitch, punch and full shot. Depending on what format you playing on, you'll just have to look around and find it. On pc with flash it's bottom left of the screen, I can't help you on mobil, haven't played that one in awhile. Hover over the clubs and it should pop up. 

• Cenzo91
    23 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 1:03 PM

When the chip or pitch option isn't highlighted on in that area, and you go and try to chip or pitch, every shot ends up being a dud.  Similarly, if I try to putt from the fringe and the "Putt" shot option is not lit up (highlighted) then it's a dud shot.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 2:22 PM

On Mobile / PCEA / Steam, It is just to the right of the club selection where it shows the shot type but needs to be done separately from the club selection. You just need to click on the shot type in the same way that you chose your club and you can choose any of the shot types.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2020 4:23 AM

Cenzo91:

When the chip or pitch option isn't highlighted on in that area, and you go and try to chip or pitch, every shot ends up being a dud.  Similarly, if I try to putt from the fringe and the "Putt" shot option is not lit up (highlighted) then it's a dud shot.

You have only been here since April of this year.  Use the search function to the right and do some reading about shot selection and when to use certain shots.  Some shot types don't always end well at certain times.

• Cenzo91
    23 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 8:56 AM

It's much easier to get answers by posing a direct question than sifting through hundreds of threads that might not answer.  But that's for the advice, Gary.

• DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 9:41 AM

pdb1:

Cenzo91:

Why does the game simply not allow me to chip or pitch when I'm OFF THE DAMN GREEN???  This is the single aspect of this game that absolutely pisses me off.  Any logic in that?

Cenzo91:

Are you not seeing the shot selection and then the club selection ? Do you need to be shown how to choose them ?

Maybe he's calling the lie based on what it looks like rather than what the game is actually reporting? Like what he's calling the "fringe" is actually first cut rough and "off the green" may be one of the big greens somewhere like Chambers where the greens and fairways blend together?

• cp4353
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2020 5:53 AM

I'm 10 years plus on the game and have been on the new format since April.  I'm having the same problem when I'm just off the green or in the rough.  It simply won't (and not all the time) allow me to choose the shot type (ie pitch, flop, chip etc....) .  This has been going on for about a week.  I'm presuming its a bug in the new format as features are being added.

RSS