Help › Forums

Re: Is this the right way ?

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 4 2020 2:07 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 4:32 AM

It always amazes me to see tour pros and sometimes pros using balls that I would consider expensive say 850 , but playing with starter clubs. Better clubs has to be the first priority , not expensive balls , if you do want balls the Allianz are pretty good , the same criteria as club balls but cheaper. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 8:57 AM

TimK560:
    I'll keep working the starter ball until I get better. I can shoot 72 or so but when I look at the scores of other guys on here, I might as well be shooting 100. That is what 72 is on here.

Don't be daunted by seeing the low scores others shoot. It takes a lot of time and practice to get there and nobody does that overnight.

Compromise on the balls you use as others have suggested and get to learn the greens in particular....which side of the pin to aim for and so on. Once you get to understand the courses through practice you'll find your scores tumbling and your average dropping.

But in the early stages I strongly recommend that you ignore the scores that win WGT tournaments and until you've got more experience and know-how you are probably wasting your money playing Ready Gos and any other credit-entry tournament.

Join a country club! Playing with others really can help grow your game and there are always people in any good club that will give you good tips and advice. Plus, it's fun.

Good luck with all of that.

• nixx24
    2 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 9:30 AM

I watch the videos lots times, still 15 credits

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 8:27 PM

bossbird:

It always amazes me to see tour pros and sometimes pros using balls that I would consider expensive say 850 , but playing with starter clubs. Better clubs has to be the first priority , not expensive balls , if you do want balls the Allianz are pretty good , the same criteria as club balls but cheaper. 

I’ve seen it the other way too. Top line clubs with loads of spin but using the no spin rock and wondering why their shots roll too much.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 2:07 AM

Wutpa:

TimK560:
    I'll keep working the starter ball until I get better. I can shoot 72 or so but when I look at the scores of other guys on here, I might as well be shooting 100. That is what 72 is on here.

Don't be daunted by seeing the low scores others shoot. It takes a lot of time and practice to get there and nobody does that overnight.

Compromise on the balls you use as others have suggested and get to learn the greens in particular....which side of the pin to aim for and so on. Once you get to understand the courses through practice you'll find your scores tumbling and your average dropping.

But in the early stages I strongly recommend that you ignore the scores that win WGT tournaments and until you've got more experience and know-how you are probably wasting your money playing Ready Gos and any other credit-entry tournament.

Join a country club! Playing with others really can help grow your game and there are always people in any good club that will give you good tips and advice. Plus, it's fun.

Good luck with all of that.

Very well said sir!

BABZ

• PAGES
RSS