Help › Forums

Re: Max Players in a Round?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 4 2021 1:38 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BookyWooky
    2 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 8:42 AM

Hi - I've been looking for a golf game to play with some friends since lockdown, and think WGT could be it!

But there are 5 of us, and I can't see if there's a way for us to all play together. When we play together in the real world we have to split into a 3 and a 2, but I'm hoping in a virtual space like this there might be a way...?

Thanks.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 10:46 AM

First off, welcome to the game! It's addictive fun and many of us have been here for years, and years.....

Sadly you cannot have a multiplayer game with more than four players at once, just as in real life. So yes, splitting into two groups may be your best option.

You can also create a country club and invite your friends to join. That way you can create tournaments that you can all play, although you would all be playing singly as WGT is not set up to allow multiplayer in club tournaments.

Have fun!

Nigel.

• BookyWooky
    2 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 11:15 AM

Thanks Nigel, that's helpful - if disappointing!

If we were looking for a way to entertain ourselves with some kind of competitive play during a video call and a few beers, say - what would you recommend?

Alex 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 1:35 PM

Wutpa:
    you cannot have a multiplayer game with more than four players at once, just as in real life.
    Not entirely true for real life. There's no general rule limiting group size though many courses do not admit more than four.

• Pyramid06
    3 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 3:13 PM

Hello

i use the new version on the iPad. How can I play in a group of 4 where we can all chat to each other

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 3:48 PM

alosso:
    Wutpa:
    you cannot have a multiplayer game with more than four players at once, just as in real life (unless you don't care about the dirty looks you get on the course and in the clubhouse afterwards).
    Not entirely true for real life. There's no general rule limiting group size though many courses do not admit more than four.

There. FTFM.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 4:20 PM

alosso:
    There's no general rule limiting group size though many courses do not admit more than four.

My friends and I were once kicked out because of being fivesome. That was like 34 years ago, we were all highschool kids, bold and stupid... La maldita cancha de Belgrano!! :-P

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 8:36 PM

We once had to split up the fivesome which we had formed when playing the last two holes with nobody behind us when a slow group of three or four in front slowed us down in the rain. Some stubborn marshal would have us follow his beliefs.

Still, it's not a general rule and should be no problem if you don't hold up any groups behind you.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 9:32 PM

When me and my buddy go out to play, the folks behind us must think we're a fivesome because there are some holes where the two of us could take the time and strokes of a fivesome, lol.

• Hatley1949
    1 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 9:03 AM

OK, but how do you organize a multiplayer game  four players at once?

• PAGES
RSS