Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hi All...New WGT Member Here

Thu, Apr 23 2020 2:19 AM (3 replies)
  • Jeff1172LD
    271 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 6:59 AM

Hey folks,

My name is Jeff and I am new to WGT, as of a couple weeks or so. I live in Maine, and I'm a Special Ed Teacher. I love that work, as well as my summer "job," working at the Waterville Country Club, in the grounds crew. I push a push mower around the greenside bunks, striping it to the members liking!

I have a question for you all, and I apologize ahead of time, as you have probably read this same thing 100 times. That said, here is my question...what is the process, or etiquette for trying to join a WGT Country Club?

I read a post from a while back on this forum...maybe from Mainzman,, that you should research and look at the "rules" and things like that, of prospective clubs, to find one that fits wo you are, so that you and the other club members enjoy playing with each other. How do you find out that sort of info? I don't want to waste anyones time.

Take care, and I look forward to hearing you!

Jeff

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 9:22 AM

Jeff,

There are MANY great clubs here just on this thread alone....And being in one offers you tons of advantages and increases your enjoyment playing WGT overall....There are almost to many things to list ....FREE shot and putter Pal for one which is a great tool used by almost everyone who plays this infernal game....Club events and Tourneys....Meeting friends in the club ....All clubs have their own forum so you can ask questions and request help and tips about playing the game.. ETC ETC........You just need to find a club for you ...Below is the title of our post in this thread take a read many questions you may have are probably covered there...

😲THE FOUNDERS CLUB..SO MUCH GOIN ON(WATCH THE VIDEO) 👀....

Best of luck in your search....

JD

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 11:19 PM

JDGHOST:
    FREE shot and putter Pal for one which is a great tool used by almost everyone who plays this infernal game

I must be swimming upstream then because I'm not among the "almost everyone" crowd. I've never liked using either tool because I don't like the way they clutter up my meter with a bunch of extra lines, silly as that sounds.

But then, I've never used a ruler, calculator, Excel sheet or anything else in the game either. I'm not throwing shade at those who do, I just feel more comfortable playing by 'feel' and doing a few wind and elevation sums in my head. 

That said, they're great tools for those that like them, and to get back on subject I agree with everything you say about the benefits of being in a good club JD.

And Jeff....welcome to the game! You've joined a great club.

Nigel. 

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 2:19 AM

Nigel,

LOL yes you might be swimming upstream ...But your not alone (why I said most use the shot/putter pal) But some salmon are stronger than others 😆 But like you all in my head... I have never once used any of the "Toys" ak: ruler,wind assist meter, calculator, protractor,telescope,a slide rule or an acubas!!

Thank you for the kind word about TFC my friend

JD

RSS