Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clash #123 - quarantinis

Sat, Apr 18 2020 9:53 AM (7 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,964 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 10:16 PM
    Are those tee markers a different color than previous martini markers? Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, my club has had 2 rounds at Olympic and 3 at Erin Hills. My inquiring mind thinks it has ascertained other clubs playing at Merion and Oakmont. If that's true, what a set of courses, esp. with 13 greens! Thankful for low winds at least -- for the lower tiers in my club. But . . . .stilll . . . some pretty tough courses all around.
  • EdwardTLogan
    504 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 4:07 AM

Doesn't make for a high scoring clash, that's for sure. Lots of double bogeys and worse  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 6:17 AM

Last night, when I played, it was Merion, front 9. 

It wasn't until after the round started that I realized I had forgotten to change out my ball. I had the starter ball equipped.

Still managed a decent score (a 32 with 5 birdies, 3 pars, and a bogey). There's no doubt the low winds really helped. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 7:01 AM

Good for you Robert , we have had Merion three times , and I have missed the shortest of putts loads of times ! Can get close to the hole with approach , but birdies are rare . 
    Still it’s the same conditions for all and my putting leaves a lot to be desired .
    That being said we are still having a good clash for a club of two people !

merion x3

erin hills x 3

oakmont x 1

Olympic x 1 

• AlaskanDame
    18,964 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 7:30 AM

We still have had only Erin and Oly. 4 of one and 3 of the other.

update:  now 4 of each

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 11:16 AM

AlaskanDame:
    Are those tee markers a different color than previous martini markers?
    You'll see it when you win some!

AFAIR, they have "recycled" old markers before, so that a win was not an addition to the range of choices.

• AlaskanDame
    18,964 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 4:48 PM

5 Erin and 5 Oly for us this time.  (Challenge not made last night, so only 10 rounds for us.)  Pretty boring . . . but I'll have to admit, I did get better at each course with playing them more than I usually do.  :)

• sirobertsx
    174 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 9:53 AM

Mostly Olympic for us.at RGLV. Very tiresome. 😩

Occasional relief came from occasional visits to Erin and 1 match at Merion

RSS