Forums

Help › Forums

Re: DECEMBER 2020....Adobe Flash

Fri, Apr 10 2020 4:41 AM (8 replies)
  • Kendra3
    7 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 5:28 AM

What exactly will happen when Adobe isn't available anymore.  Message says it will go away in December 2020.  Does WGT have a new support system in the making or will it just fold up?   Lot of money has been poured into this game in the past 10 years that I have been around.   Looking for answers,  please!!

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 9:54 AM

There's a new non-flash version under development. Click the picture for more details.

• alpenpirat
    1,123 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 11:25 AM

I think that loading the launcher onto a PC or laptop is relatively irresponsible. The launcher likes to work on the phone, a PC is much too complex and cannot keep up with the security functions that are required.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 1:42 PM

alpenpirat:
    a PC is much too complex and cannot keep up with the security functions that are required

LOL  😄

What security functions are required for playing the new version of the game, and why do you do think that a PC can't manage them?  Entertain Enlighten us, please.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 2:40 PM

Most phones that a lot of people are using to play this game are more powerful than many computers lots of people use to play the browser version, I mean judging by some of the complaints over the years. ;-)

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 12:23 AM

I could be wrong but I think that Alpenpirat might be thinking that the PCEA is an emulator of the Mobile game.

• THUNDERTOM
    381 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 3:54 AM

No matter what i do, it won't download on my computer. I have been on here for 9 yrs and will find another game to play come December. Don't want to play arcade games. Have a gr8 holiday all.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 4:17 AM

I have a suspicion that if you can't download the new game, it might be blocked by an antivirus program. Windows defender or your installed antivirus may be to blame or even your browser.

I had a recent experience where I had a set of three files on my Google drive to download as a zipped folder. In that folder were two .ahk files and one .exe file. I just could not get the .exe file included with the download as it was considered a virus and I just got the two .ahk files. Some things are just very odd as I created that .exe file myself and it was completely harmless.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 4:41 AM

THUNDERTOM:

No matter what i do, it won't download on my computer. I have been on here for 9 yrs and will find another game to play come December. Don't want to play arcade games. Have a gr8 holiday all.

Doesn't sound like you want to play it anyway but in case you do maybe provide a bit more info. 

Are you not able to download the initial .msi installer or are you not able to run the installer and have it download content? 

AV shouldn't stop a signed .msi file from downloading, unless for some bizarre reason that extension is in it's filtering profile. 

If you can't run the installer and get content installed then that is more going to be Windows itself, more than likely there is a security setting which is cranked up to its strictest setting. Perhaps change the 'verified apps' setting to allow non store apps to install. Try shutting down Defender, but it doesn't block .msi files anyway but maybe try it along with your AV as well, again once the .msi file is downloaded AV should not interfere with installing it if it passes a scan if set to do so.

RSS