Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Practice mode locked

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 9 2020 10:34 AM (5 replies)
  • papapotato
    120 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 10:03 AM

I'm a fairly new member and did a lot of Blitz practice for learning purposes. Since then, I have played only ranked golf and have reached Pro Tier recently. Today, I decided to practice and it only allows ranked play. Practice is locked out. Is this normal?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 10:40 PM

Nope - I just played a practice round for CDP purpose.

I play the Flash game in a browser from my PC. In the game client window, after selecting stroke play, I can choose between ranked and practice mode without touching "random" course selection.

Which is your platform? How do you proceed?

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 4:47 AM

Practice mode is not locked in any platform. If he is on mobile or the new desktop version he might be confusing the locks shown on tees, hole locations, green speed and wind on ranked rounds as meaning practice mode is locked. 

• papapotato
    120 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 5:41 AM

It's still doing it. I'm using a windows laptop and it was fine in the past. I go to "play now" and if I select single player blitz it will show it in tracked mode and to the left it shows a paddle lock icon. If I go to the right to change game mode it won't give the option to change it.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 10:18 AM

You never stated you were trying to play blitz in practice mode. There has never been a practice option in blitz either multi-player or single. The only options in multi-player are scored and challenge. The only option in single in scored.

When asking for help in the forums please be a little more specific in what you want or are trying to do. We could have told you the first time that there is no practice mode for blitz. Never has been and probably never will be, After all Blitz is just a different scoring option of closer to the hole. 

• papapotato
    120 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 10:34 AM

Read my original post and you'll see I was referring to blitz, but thanks for letting me know.

Rookie mistake.

RSS