Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Unable to rent free clubs on Android

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 12 2020 5:21 PM (6 replies)
  • KennyDC70
    20 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 5:26 PM

Greetings all, new player here (at it about a week now) grinding away and thoroughly enjoying myself. To begin with, I didn't know until yesterday that the free club rentals were only available there and then on the award screen, but when I leveled up tonight and attempted to rent the Ping G25 10.5 (or indeed any of the clubs, Ping 3W or Rocketbladez irons) on the proper screen, I got an error message saying that the item cannot be rented', and had no choice but to pass on them again. This was while a sponsorship was active, if that has any effect here. Is this a known bug, or an issue on my end somehow? Cheers!

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 8:33 AM

Hey mate, welcome to the game. Send a nice email to members@worldgofltour.com explaining the leveling up and rental issue, I'm sure they'll be happy to help. 

Keep having fun!

• KennyDC70
    20 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 11:41 AM

Thanks! Will do shortly. I have leveled up once since and was able to rent a club without issue, so it seems it was a temporary/random problem either way.

• WahooSerious
    220 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 4:12 AM

I'm a fairly new player as well and have had the same issue from time to time. It seems to be random, but who knows. I've even had it where it would let me rent one free club, but not another... Weird.

• TimBud1911
    76 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 8:37 AM

It happens to me all the time on an Android tablet.  When I've actually emailed tech support, they've always helped me out. They asked me to rent the clubs and email them when I did, once I notified them, they credited my account back. 

Also, I have always set them screenshots of the failed rental as well. 

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 8:49 AM

TimBud1911:

It happens to me all the time on an Android tablet.  When I've actually emailed tech support, they've always helped me out. They asked me to rent the clubs and email them when I did, once I notified them, they credited my account back. 

Also, I have always set them screenshots of the failed rental as well. 

TimBud, 

I posted something about this in our CC forum because it is something that has bothered me recently. I have been unable to rent a couple of specific clubs because of this but didn’t think to screen shot it and send it to CS. 

Yesterday I leveled up to 56 or 57 and I was offered 2 clubs that are no longer even in the pro shop and obviously I was unable to rent them. I hadn’t noticed this before but I will keep and eye out for it now.  

Glad I saw this post, I know I’m not the only one. 

• TimBud1911
    76 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 5:21 PM

BWerthy:
    Glad I saw this post, I know I’m not the only one.

Hey B,

Yes, I actually just saw it in our CC forum. I've gotten to the point of not even asking them for a credit unless a club comes up that I'd really like to try out. Again WGT has always been helpful when I've asked. 

RSS