Help › Forums

Re: Chip/Pitch gridlines on mobile?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 10 2020 4:03 AM (7 replies)
  • WahooSerious
    220 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 11:59 AM

Hello,

I'm a new player using the Kindle Fire as my main device and was curious about chip/pitch gridlines on the green. I have watched a few tutorials that show this, but those lines do show up on my mobile system and I can't find anywhere to activate them. Has this feature been disabled on the mobile platform or am I just missing something? Thanks for any and all help /advice given.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 5:25 PM

WahooSerious:

Hello,

I'm a new player using the Kindle Fire as my main device and was curious about chip/pitch gridlines on the green. I have watched a few tutorials that show this, but those lines do show up on my mobile system and I can't find anywhere to activate them. Has this feature been disabled on the mobile platform or am I just missing something? Thanks for any and all help /advice given.

You can see the path out of this screenshot. Approach Grid will do it

• WahooSerious
    220 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 6:02 PM

Thank you for your help. That certainly makes sense. Unfortunately, I checked it out and my approach grid is toggled to "on". I even turned it off and back on with no luck. Any other suggestions?

• 633kiki
    142 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 8:52 PM

Screen brightness level?

• WahooSerious
    220 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 4:09 AM

Thank you all for the good suggestions! I finally figured it out. In order for the gridlines to appear (at least on my device) You need to press and hold down the distance marker. 

• cbid0711
    78 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 10:53 AM

On mobile that doesn't really show you the correct break speed.  For chips/pitches/flops I just switch shot to putter first to view the correct grid breaks for aiming purposes, then switch back to my shot of choice.    Check out the difference and you'll see what I mean.

• WahooSerious
    220 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 4:03 AM

You're right! Thank you for pointing that out. I guess using the chip/pitch gridlines as an additional putting tool is out. Thanks to all who commented with helpful ideas!

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 7:48 AM

On mobile the approach grid is activated when you press and hold the distance marker. Let go and the grid goes away. You can hold it and move it around. Alternatively, view pin from reverse mode and change to putter.

From reverse putter view, you can touch the marker again to go back to chip grid. Touch and release to toggle between the two.

Hope this helps

RSS