Help › Forums

Re: Tour Champion level

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 7 2020 1:53 PM (6 replies)
  • pp37
    155 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 8:26 AM

Hello,

I have been at the champion level for well over 4 years, I have played more than 10,000 rr, including at least 2,000 as a champion.

Of course, I don't play "very average friendly" tournaments like almost all players. Is there a possibility that I will progress to champion tour level one day?

Thank you for your clarification.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 11:58 AM

------------> "Search Box"

But...I think you need to lower your avg. to 55 from 56.?? and it might even be 54.00 to get the nod.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:10 PM

pp37:
    I don't play "very average friendly" tournaments like almost all players.

And also, I think this is a bit harsh.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:28 PM

pp37:

Hello,

I have been at the champion level for well over 4 years, I have played more than 10,000 rr, including at least 2,000 as a champion.

Of course, I don't play "very average friendly" tournaments like almost all players. Is there a possibility that I will progress to champion tour level one day?

Thank you for your clarification.

The required average is 55.00. Only you know about the possibility of becoming a TC.

And there really was no reason to cast aspersions at other players. That's especially so because you don't know everyone's complete scoring history. 

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:44 PM
    3,487 ranked tournament rounds, you have 15 top ten finishes! Your stats are below any level close to Tour Champ. I doubt you will be moving into that tier anytime soon, so no, you're not in danger of moving up.
  • SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 1:40 PM

pp37:

Perhaps he meant "a lot of" rather than "almost all".  I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

To answer your question, pp37 -- You are going to need to score a lot of 27's or below from this point forward to lower your average to 55 (currently, it's at 56.82).  Is it possible?  Yes, but you'll have to score better than you have been lately.  I see very few scores below 30 in your Score History, and no scores of 27 or below.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 1:53 PM

On the flip side, since he's been a Champion for a while, it's extremely likely that his average is calculated on only 200 rounds rather than the 1,000 rounds it is for those who became Champions after the opening of the Tour Champion tier.

So, he has that going for him.

RSS