Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Forfeits

Wed, Dec 8 2021 7:14 AM (29 replies)
  • TheDonzo
    5 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 7:34 AM

Even more frustrating is the player who doesn't forfeit but instead proceeds to deliberately chip/putt the ball on/off the green when they think they don't have a chance at winning.  I had this one guy a couple of weeks ago tell me something along the lines of "I know I can't win so this match is going to take an hour and a half if I wanted to continue"....then he proceeds to let the timer run down to the last second for every shot and when on the green he just putts from one end of the green to the other or putts off the green and hits the ball as hard as he can in the opposite direction.   

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 7:54 AM

If you ever run into a player like this, who is intentionally taking the maximum number of strokes and running out the timer each one, take a few screen shots and message Member Services: members@worldgolftour.com. This type of behavior isn't permitted in game and they've probably earned themselves a nice time out from the game. :p

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 3:57 PM

WGTShamWow:
    they've probably earned themselves a nice time out from the game. :p

Time out....lol. They're not kids. If they do it once I am sure they done it dozens of time.. People just don't come on hear and tell their story of this crap happening to them.  I say remove them from the game all together.

• ZirjoGondar
    94 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 9:36 AM

I had a game yesterday where I double bogeyed the first hole (tee shot into the woods at OLY, second shot hit a tree and landed behind me!) and I was 4 shots down after 3 holes.  I clawed my way back to a chance to tie it on the last hole.  It was great fun mounting the comeback, filled with pressure putts and lots of dramatic twists and turns over the last half of the match.

Don't sell yourselves short by quitting at the first sign of trouble.  When you do manage those epic comebacks, it comes with a rewarding sense of accomplishment, and it's a ton of fun.

• thestime
    1 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2021 1:42 PM

I don't forfeit much but could you tell me where the forfeit button is?  When I do forfeit I don't want to waste my time or their time and get it done quickly. Thanks

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2021 11:19 AM

thestime:
    I don't forfeit much but could you tell me where the forfeit button is?

Click (or tap) the 3 vertical dots at the top left of your game screen, then look at the bottom left of the window that slides out.  

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2021 12:08 PM

WGTShamWow:
    If you ever run into a player like this, who is intentionally taking the maximum number of strokes and running out the timer each one,

On top of that, I sometimes run into jerks who after hitting a good shot which leaves a very easy short putt, constantly, continuously and annoyingly sends chats like "GG", "Good luck", "Thanks for the game", "I said GG b*tch", etc. *smh*

My way of dealing with them? Just ignore and play my game (and win).

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2021 3:54 PM

If I have an active sponsor, I will always forfeit when I know I cant win, just as not to waste my time...its one hole, so its really better to both players. Many times when a guy is deep in  jail, I hope he will quit so we can move on ....make sense?

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2021 3:59 PM

WGTShamWow:

If you ever run into a player like this, who is intentionally taking the maximum number of strokes and running out the timer each one, take a few screen shots and message Member Services: members@worldgolftour.com. This type of behavior isn't permitted in game and they've probably earned themselves a nice time out from the game. :p

this is funny. I didn't know anyone even worked at WGT

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2021 4:02 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

WGTShamWow:
    If you ever run into a player like this, who is intentionally taking the maximum number of strokes and running out the timer each one,

On top of that, I sometimes run into jerks who after hitting a good shot which leaves a very easy short putt, constantly, continuously and annoyingly sends chats like "GG", "Good luck", "Thanks for the game", "I said GG b*tch", etc. *smh*

My way of dealing with them? Just ignore and play my game (and win).

Maybe you need WGT police on this case also lol

RSS