Help › Forums

Re: Not Getting Coin bomuses on Apparel

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 25 2023 6:21 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HALFBACKFLANK
    416 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 3:13 AM

I recently started using the Top Golf Common Shirt (Level 8) which applies 5% coin earnings and 60 points of Iron distance. Unfortunately, I do not always seem to get any coin bonus when winning matches. I have reported this (with screen shots) several times to Customer Service and finally I got this response to-day.

"The reason you do not receive the bonuses is that you do not have your apparel set up properly. You need to have all apparel items be from the same sponsor and they must be level 4.

Sincerely,
    WGT Member Services"

Obviously, the CS member did not read my question properly and merely replied with the standard cut and paste answer to a different question. In this case referring to Set Bonus which I was not the issue I was raising.

I'm curious to know if anybody else has had the same issue with not getting the coin bonuses when winning games.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 7:35 AM

Can you post the screen shots?

• HALFBACKFLANK
    416 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 10:07 PM

The screenshots merely show the amount of coins paid out at the end of the game so I don't see the point. Its like WGT asking for screen shots showing different yardages for the same club (an issue many players have) because they can't replicate the problem.. Looking at the screen shots will just show different numbers on the screen and its not imagined. Its not going to reveal the issue with the programming.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 11:57 AM

HALFBACKFLANK:
    Unfortunately, I do not always seem to get any coin bonus when winning matches.

This has started happening more frequently and just like the showdown glitches / bugs they can come and go... you never know for sure how the apparel or the benefits you select will show up or not. 

I too have reported this bug like yourself.  And they appeared to correct it temporarily, but it still occurs intermittently.   I don't have all apparel items by the same sponsor like WGT suggest is necessary... and I have gotten coin bonuses by mixing and matching items based on my preferred set up on a consistent enough basis to know that their response is not quite accurate... or the game simply has never played and awarded the coin bonus correctly.  

It is possible WGT is trying to remove coin bonuses from taking effect unless you meet the criteria they have stated in your response. Otherwise they have been messed up from the very beginning.  

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 1:07 PM

HALFBACKFLANK:
    The screenshots merely show the amount of coins paid out at the end of the game so I don't see the point.

The reason I asked for a screen shot was because a lot of times players do not understand how the game works and confuse what they see with what they believe it should be and it's much easier to diagnose an issue by actually seeing it rather than trying to describe what you see on the screen.

As far as your non-received coins question what the WGT CS person stated is obviously incorrect. The bonus coins have nothing to do with the Set-Bonus'. If you are saying that you are not receiving the coins then I can only assume that when you win a Coin Room Match you are winning exactly 180, 900, 4500, 18000, 36000, 90000, 180000, 450000, 900000 or 4500000 coins and no more. Is that correct?

HALFBACKFLANK:
    Its like WGT asking for screen shots showing different yardages for the same club (an issue many players have) because they can't replicate the problem.. Looking at the screen shots will just show different numbers on the screen and its not imagined. Its not going to reveal the issue with the programming.

With this one a screen shot would show me what type of game you are playing in and might make it easier to explain why you are seeing what you are seeing.

The Apparel Enhancements only work in specific situations. Therefore it is normal (depending on the apparel you chose) for your clubs, whether it's your Driver, 3 Wood or Irons to show different distance as they do not apply in all situations.

The Apparel Enhancements only work in Coin Room games and events that use the coin games as their basis (Showdowns and Turf Wars) as well as 9 hole Clash Rounds, Ranked and Practice Solo rounds.

The Apparel Enhancements DO NOT work in WGT and Country Club tournaments. Here is a screen shot of the little "no apparel" symbol on those types of events letting you know that apparel enhancements will not apply.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 1:27 PM

I believe he was referring specifically to Coin games, because that is the same scenario in which I observe the same type of complaint he reported having. It does appear to be an intermittent glitch that has been happening lately in coin games.  Just one more to add to the list.

Obviously, WGT tournaments do not utilize apparel and you are not wagering coins in those tournaments where a bonus would be given.  

There is also a separate bug / glitch where your clubs reflect not your own apparel yardages, but rather your opponents apparel yardages based on what they are wearing.  Even Fmagnets, I believe has seen this and acknowledged it... but indicates that generally even though your clubs present the wrong yardages, they tend to play as expected -- ie your apparel yardages and setup.  It is mostly confusing then, but if you are playing by "feel" and don't have a notepad, with everything written down and plotted out... it can throw you off in a coin game because you then have to try and recall what the yardage should be and how it plays all in a 45 s shot clock.  It should not be happening to begin with...

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 2:06 PM
    Apparel is weird for me.. I have the level 7 SE cap which makes my driver go 301 listed. But on some games the yardage says 297,291,305,307.. just random number when it should be 301 all the time.. just strange. Mainly why I don’t use iron distance apparel.
  • el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 2:24 PM

Connorjwebb123:
    just random number when it should be 301 all the time.. just strange

touched on this above.. it is a long standing bug/ glitch... it is not random though other than it depends on what your opponent is wearing... the yardages I believe are reflective of your opponents apparel... but your clubs will still play or should still play based on your actual apparel...  When I started seeing this... if forced me to start writing down and taking notes of my apparel yardages so I could still properly calculate or estimate shots without guessing or trying to remember what my regular yardages are.

There are advantages to boosted irons... playing a cheaper ball being one of them.  Also, cheaper ball is cheaper to map.   Depending on how many coin games you play, it can be a huge savings and worth keeping an extra set of notes.

• HALFBACKFLANK
    416 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2020 9:30 AM

Sorry for the late reply. I was referring to coin games eg a win in the Casablanca room pays 18000 coins, wearing the level 8 common Top golf Shirt should increase that to 18756 coins. Some times it does sometimes it doesn't. In matches where I have not got the extra points for winning, my irons have played short (i.e. the distance they would normally go in a regular WGT or CC tournament).

I recently played a coin game where my opponent was wearing the same shirt and both of us were coming up short with irons by 12-16 yards of what was expected for 3 holes in a row. He won but didn't win the extra coins.

When I responded to WGT's original response and told them I was referring to the "abilities" of the apparel not the "Set bonus" this was their reply..

"That's is what I'm referring to. You are not gaining bonus coins because you are not receiving the apparel bonus. In order to receive the apparel bonus, you need to equip apparel from the same sponsor and they need to be above level 4.

If you want bonus coins, you need to equip all Topgolf apparel or all MAX apparel. If you are mixing and matching apparel, you will not receive the bonus."

Thanks to e3n1 for the answer I was looking for. Its disappointing WGT customer service don't seem to understand their own product. On a positive note, I have not had the problem over the last week. I still get the issue that ConnorJWebb123 mentions of the yardages changing from one game to the next with both my Driver and irons though.

• HALFBACKFLANK
    416 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 9:08 AM

This problem has started occurring again.  A showdown is currently running. I wonder if this could be related. It would be fantastic if WGTsomebody could at least acknowledge the issue.

• PAGES
RSS