Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tee Off Areas

Sun, Apr 5 2020 1:54 PM (6 replies)
  • Bobbylanka
    891 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 11:36 AM

In the real game players are allowed to move their tee on the tee area.  It should be possible here too with in a specified area with the markers being the front border!

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 3:05 PM

Over the years, it's been brought up many times. Apparently, it's not possible. 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 5:37 PM

Just Grip It n Rip It. Saying a 3 Hail Mary's wouldn't hurt either.     GL

Cheers

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 9:49 PM

At which tee would it make a difference?

Do the math - it's only a tiny difference in angle and perspective.
    (on a 286 yard shot, 5 yards cross movement correspond to 1°)

In the real game, the psychology of the slight change in view may influence the players to aim differently, but here, it doesn't really matter, IMHO, as the aim is taken in front.

Secondly, would you expect the view to change? Imagine the effort in programming!
    Which revenue would the company have from such an investment?

Last but not least, one of WGT's commandments is, "Thou Shallt Not Have A Choice!"

• goldputter3
    89 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 8:16 AM

Ur last line is right on, Alosso... Kiawah #17  I dinged shot ( new ball ) and it turns right into water..wind was 5 mph into my face...wgt drops me in front of lake and into 40% sand... new ball.. forfieted game... $$$$$  my choice... QUIT

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 1:40 PM

There are the weirdest drops, and they depend on the teebox and the splashing point of the ball.

Who would drop in the rough in front of the lake instead of repeating the shot? Only WGT.

Who would expect to be dropped in the sand on the opposite side of the lake? Only WGT. (One of the totally un-rule-conforming drop spots in the game)

@KIA #17, a forfeit is necessary in many situations. I had more luck today. Almost hit the flag from the tee, it only rolled too long. Missed the birdie putt by an inch or two :(

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 1:54 PM

Not to mention the caddie always suggesting you wrong clubs and wrong scale of putter...

It's true that lots of weird things happen in Kiawah #17. Now I just laugh it off whenever it happens.

RSS