Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Newbie Question - playing against friends-driving us mad!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 8 2020 9:39 PM (4 replies)
  • PTCGOAT1
    3 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 12:37 AM

Hi Everyone - greetings from the UK and most importantly I hope everyone is staying safe in these worrying times.

Apologies if this turns out to be very obvious but having just found WGT (and loving it),I and 3 friends are trying to play against each other. We have all got the same type of equipment and have successfully set up games and played however, annoyingly, we dont seem to have any say in the courses we play, colour of tees  and conditions etc.

We set the games up and it just drops us into a random setting which is good but we wanted to be able to play courses that we have personally played to add a further touch of realism to it all.

We cant work out how we choose all of those  despite all of us trying!

Any help guidance would be greatly appreciated

THANKS!

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 3:14 PM

Welcome to WGT!

In order to better answer your question, can you just say whether you are all playing on a PC/Mac through a browser, or the downloadable version, or on mobile/tablet?

Glad you're enjoying it so much.

Nigel.

• PTCGOAT1
    3 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 11:53 PM

Hi Nigel- thanks for the response. We worked out that we all had to be on the same platform so are using ipads. We have now got our own club set up so have set up a stroke play tournament - what we really wanted to be able to do was to play all four of us at the same time but I dont think this is possible?

• PostModernMan
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 2:27 PM

Hi PTCGoat1 - did you ever work out whether all four of you can play at the same time? I have been trying to do the same thing without success using mobile devices - iOS & android. We managed it once with 3 of us playing in Topgolf mode and then moving to a 9 hole round but since then we havent been able to get it to work again. You can invite a single friend as a head to head but no option to select multiple friends for the same round.

Cheers

• PTCGOAT1
    3 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 9:39 PM

Nope never worked it out and see that someone else has posted pretty much the same question in a thread entitled "group play".

Its really frustrating!

RSS