Help › Forums

Re: New Version meter

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 4 2020 9:54 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tim14121989
    88 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 8:02 PM

Hi Sam. Thanks. I opened Task Manager before and I saw a CPU usage of about 14% for the game which is very low. I doubt it's that. The funny part is it's better on some courses, it's better at certain times and it's worse at other times. I feel like it might not be something I can fix...

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 8:54 PM

SamSpayed:

Tim, one suggestion I have is to open up Task Manager and see if you have any Apps or Background Processes or Windows Processes running that are chewing up CPU and/or memory cycles while you're playing.  The culprit could be something that only runs periodically, like anti-virus software for example, or it could be something that you didn't even know was running.  A friend I was playing with complained of a stuttery meter, and when he checked Task Manager he found out that Malwarebytes was doing a system scan while he was playing.  After he shut that down, everything was smooth as silk.  Just something to look at.  

+1  Good Suggestion

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 10:32 AM

Tim14121989:
    I opened Task Manager before and I saw a CPU usage of about 14% for the game which is very low. I doubt it's that. The funny part is it's better on some courses, it's better at certain times and it's worse at other times.

Agreed, 14% for the game itself should be fine.  What I was referring to was CPU and memory usage for other apps and processes that are running.  I was thinking maybe you had a scheduled task or something that happened to kick off or be running while you were playing and was causing some minor interference, i.e. just enough to make your meter hesitate and skip.  For example, you might have some scheduled tasks that check for software updates (eg. Adobe Acrobat, driver updates, etc.) that run in the background. Those can be hard to spot unless you catch them at just the right time while they're running.

• Tim14121989
    88 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 11:06 AM

I've only got Discord running, my spreadsheet (Excel), my ruler and Google Chrome. All of them take less than 2% CPU. Memory usage is below 20% as well... strange.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2020 3:55 AM

today when i logged into launcher it did seem to stutter......i looked at my task manager and the launcher was pushing my cpu upto 90 %.........crazy its never been like that before today...............i now believe there is an issue with launcher...........

i have emailed wgt to ask if there is a problem....waiting on response
  • AlejBaran
    1,334 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2020 4:17 PM

Tim14121989:

I've only got Discord running, my spreadsheet (Excel), my ruler and Google Chrome. All of them take less than 2% CPU. Memory usage is below 20% as well... strange.

I bet the rule is the problem; I use VGG Caddy in the Flash version, but when I tried the PCEA version I had the same problem as you, when I closed the VGG Caddy the problem disappeared.

On the other hand there are no problems with having Excel open.

I would recommend that you try not to use your ruler.

I don't know what happens when Discord is open, but maybe you should try closing it too. GL

• Tim14121989
    88 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 9:54 AM

I tested the ruler. I've tested it with and without it and the meter was no different. So it's not that either.

• PAGES
RSS