Help › Forums

Re: Country Club Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 7 2020 5:38 PM (8 replies)
  • Barnesy05
    10 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2020 4:38 PM

Hello,

Can a Country Club Tournament be edited or deleted once started?

I have created a tournament but have realised that rounds 2-4 are only 9 holes each.

Thanks in advance.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2020 5:51 PM

I think only brackets can be deleted. You can email WGT and ask for them to delete the tournament though. I think as long as no one has played a round yet they will do that for you.

• Barnesy05
    10 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2020 6:26 PM

Thanks for that...I am the only one to have completed a round so far...might give it a try.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 2:11 AM

Dave33200:

I think only brackets can be deleted. You can email WGT and ask for them to delete the tournament though. I think as long as no one has played a round yet they will do that for you.

Actually I don't think any tourney can be deleted once it has started. If for no other reason than it wouldn't be fair to the players who have already played in it. 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 2:26 AM

borntobesting:

Dave33200:

Actually I don't think any tourney can be deleted once it has started. If for no other reason than it wouldn't be fair to the players who have already played in it. 

I know that Brackets can as long as they are not filled up yet, On the others WGT can, and will delete them for you as long as no one have entered into them yet. 

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 3:28 AM

create a new game for rounds 2-4 and post your mistake in intro name .

Adjust scores as you wish on different games .

my country club owner does it all the time .

i don't like typing is her excuse .

• Barnesy05
    10 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 4:23 PM

Hahahaha...classic.

• Barnesy05
    10 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 4:32 PM

I understand for public Tournaments but as a private Country Club event surely it can be revoked even if started...as the owner of the club and the only player to have completed a round I'm the only one missing out...if no one plays round 2 it'll be closed anyway I suppose.

I guess the easiest way is to just re-create a new Tournament with the correct setup. 

• Barnesy05
    10 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 5:38 PM

borntobesting:

Dave33200:

FYI for future reference, WGT Member Support can delete a tournament after it has started. Took a few days to get done but mission accomplished. 

RSS