Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Fictional Courses Created by WGT

Fri, Jul 30 2021 12:46 PM (24 replies)
  • treebeard
    227 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 7:25 AM

They need only include unity player (build) into the new version and , there you go. I too have seen some pretty amazing self builds on other games. Have made some too. 

But , yeah. Maybe never.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 9:47 AM

treebeard:
    They need only include unity player (build) into the new version and , there you go.

Do you realize that unity builders and editors work with 3D objects? What would you build in WGT when only 3d thing is avatar?

Nik

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 4:22 PM

salamicus:
    Do you realize that unity builders and editors work with 3D objects? What would you build in WGT when only 3d thing is avatar?

Mmmmm... a fancy golf bag maybe? But no, seriously... Nik made a good point here.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2020 4:32 AM

Just release Cabo and Whistler to the public.  

Cartoon courses as they were called but very enjoyable to play on (without the green fees)

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2020 5:05 AM

mantis0014:

Cartoon courses as they were called but very enjoyable to play on (without the green fees)

WGT/Topgolf no longer own the rights to these courses and that's why they are pay to play now. I would think everyone would know this by now.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2020 7:19 AM

callaghan159:

mantis0014:

WGT/Topgolf no longer own the rights to these courses and that's why they are pay to play now. I would think everyone would know this by now.

Maybe he does know but still thought wgt could make them free to the players, peprahps getting some back with increased ball use.

Something I didn't know, did wgt at one time own the rights to these courses as you suggest?

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2020 9:12 AM

callaghan159:

Previously, WGT has had free weekends. In fact, it was about a year ago they did a free weekend. So, they could make the courses free for a time even though they don't own the rights. 

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 10:26 PM

salamicus:

treebeard:
    They need only include unity player (build) into the new version and , there you go.

Nik

The "new build" PCEA game is using Unity. So the possibilities are there.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2021 3:08 PM

pdb1:
    As far as mixing it up for us players . There is already the Custom Courses feature in CC's . A CC can have I think up to 10 custom-made , created courses to play at one time . Not new but created to play much differently than the official courses . I think that is as close as we are going to get .

The OP did say (a year ago) that he was talking about entirely new courses, not "mix and match holes".

It's true that the custom course feature offers the chance to introduce a little more variety, but with a strictly limited number of courses to draw from even the different custom courses start to feel similar and without individual character after a while.

More courses will always be welcome in WGT, I think nearly all players are likely to agree with that. But personally I think that adding user-created fantasy ones (even if that became possible) would be a bad move. WGT have enough trouble just managing the ones they have, but can you imagine how glitchy and uneven the experience would be* if there were dozens, or hundreds, or even thousands of user-created ones introduced?

* Yes I know it has always drawn complaints about being glitchy and uneven.

RSS