Help › Forums

Re: score handicap or average

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 23 2020 9:58 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JWtracker
    4 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 7:51 AM

My average score show a 62.08.   I haven't shot a -10 on 18 holes in 5 years....why is my handicap score so low?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 8:10 AM

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 8:13 AM

Don’t forget your average is the reflection of your best scores ever in your current tier until you’re saturated.  It will never go up again if you’re saturated in that tier.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 9:39 AM

Please think of full scores when it comes to the average!

JWtracker:
    I haven't shot a -10 on 18 holes in 5 years.
    Don't be so self-deprecating! You played a 62 a few days ago.

Furthermore, any 63 or 64 would most likely lower the saturated handicap as well.

For 61.00 and a chance to become a Legend, you'd have to do some more - ehm - less (strokes).

• VinnyGoombotz
    324 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 12:26 PM

Alosso,maybe you can help me or give me some good advice ,I am a Disabled Vet as my right hand is messed up and is very shaking.I made it to Legend not by lowering my avg but by beating higher ranked players in match play games ,now I am stuck as im not really a legend by play so I cant compete in this game ,do you know any fair handicaped clubs or maybe weaker clubs I can join,or have another answer as it is no fun to loss bad ty

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 3:26 PM

Vinny:

Funny you should ask that because you joined us in January of 2019 and left in about 24 hours.

But we do run handicap tournaments with prizes but you have to stick around and play a number of CC Tourneys before you qualify for a handicap.

Here is what I said in another post:

If you have not heard how The Peoples Club determines members handicaps I will give a quick overview:  We put every single TPC Tournament leader board into a database. The data then goes through a program that mimics the USGA handicapping system with just 2 minor tweaks.  The database grows larger every day with over 60,000 scores together with the course played and conditions.

Sometimes it is better to stick around a CC for awhile and actually see what they have to offer...

In case the above is not clear - do not try to rejoin us - no way you will find out what you missed.

EE

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 3:46 PM

VinnyGoombotz:
    Alosso,maybe you can help me or give me some good advice  [...] do you know any fair handicaped clubs or maybe weaker clubs I can join,or have another answer
    I can't help you, I'm afraid.

But if you put your request out in a separate thread, someone might be interested...

• VinnyGoombotz
    324 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 6:13 PM

I have no intentions of rejoining your precious club as I left because my wife had to start cancer treatments and appoligized for that ,however instead of having a little compassion and letting me back in ,you people put me down ,please do not contact me again as this message was to go to alosso not you.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 12:50 AM

EasyEdward:

Vinny:

Funny you should ask that because you joined us in January of 2019 and left in about 24 hours.

But we do run handicap tournaments with prizes but you have to stick around and play a number of CC Tourneys before you qualify for a handicap.

Here is what I said in another post:

If you have not heard how The Peoples Club determines members handicaps I will give a quick overview:  We put every single TPC Tournament leader board into a database. The data then goes through a program that mimics the USGA handicapping system with just 2 minor tweaks.  The database grows larger every day with over 60,000 scores together with the course played and conditions.

Sometimes it is better to stick around a CC for awhile and actually see what they have to offer...

In case the above is not clear - do not try to rejoin us - no way you will find out what you missed.

EE

I’ve been around since 2011 and have been a member of many top CCs.  The Peoples Club has the best handicapping system around and it’s rather remarkable the manner in which their CC runs their tourneys.  Every CC should operate the way they do as it brings true parity into the game. Two thumbs up to TPC 👍🏻👍🏻

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 4:37 PM

EasyEdward:

Vinny: 

EE

Wow.  If that was the attitude of any group that I belonged to I would be the next one out the door.

Just sayin',

Dave

• PAGES
RSS