Help › Forums

Re: Reduce prices during corona virus

Tue, Apr 14 2020 2:34 PM (55 replies)
  • Lesthanpar
    1,448 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 2:19 AM

mightyj3:

Hi guys, 

Since the outbreak of the corona virus  and people being put out of work till there's a breakthrough, surely wgt could reduce their pricing policy for balls and passes. 

Passes 5 for 100cr or a 2for 1 option would certainly help keep players involved and would go a long way to help. 

Another thing why not raise the crd video cap to 300 a day as at the moment 150cr doesn't even cover 5 passes in the pro shop. 

These are hard times we all are facing let's bring the wgt community together. 

Thanks 

Mightyj3 

Back to the OP. if someone has lost their job and ability to support themselves and their family due to the virus then I think how much a virtual golf ball costs will be the least of their concerns as it should be. All of the things companies are doing to help people are a good thing don't get me wrong. However people do not realize that when the mortgage company says let it ride for 4 months you do not have to pay now, or the rent, or a car payment, or whatever else that you are now in arrears. behind in payments, that does mean you don't have to pay! So if you let payments go for now you will just owe it, it's not like they are giving you a payment. A loan of sorts but they want it back. I wonder how many people are going to be slammed by this when things settle down not realizing how much they are in debt. WGT give loans on balls to be paid back later? lol not happening.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 2:51 AM

Lesthanpar:
    However people do not realize that when the mortgage company says let it ride for 4 months you do not have to pay now, or the rent, or a car payment, or whatever else that you are now in arrears. behind in payments, that does mean you don't have to pay! So if you let payments go for now you will just owe it, it's not like they are giving you a payment. A loan of sorts but they want it back. I wonder how many people are going to be slammed by this when things settle down not realizing how much they are in debt. WGT give loans on balls to be paid back later? lol not happening.

hopefully the lenders will be quite generous and forgiving when this finally ends. 

• Lesthanpar
    1,448 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 3:03 AM

borntobesting:
    hopefully the lenders will be quite generous and forgiving when this finally ends. 

Sure they will offer a payment plan but they want the money.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 5:34 AM

Lesthanpar:

borntobesting:

Sure they will offer a payment plan but they want the money.

Taking however many months missed and tacking them on to the end of the loan would make a whole lot of sense. That doesn't help renters, though. Landlords have tunnel vision.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 6:14 AM

I agree with the OP. We’re in a crisis and a lot of businesses have stepped up to the plate. It wouldn’t hurt WGT anymore than the others if they would lock in everyone’s equipped ball for a few weeks. It’s a good gesture to show their appreciation to their patrons.

I'm on the verge of dropping back to the sleeve of Cally 33’s in inventory when that sleeve is used up, it’s the G13-S’s, if I get down to the starters I’m doing a complete remapping of that club/ball combo and sticking with the starters from there on out.

And that’s a fact Jack.

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 2:34 PM

Tony08888:

if I get down to the starters I’m doing a complete remapping of that club/ball combo and sticking with the starters from there on out.

And that’s a fact Jack.

Couldn't agree more.  It seems no matter how much you pay for a ball right now it doesn't help.  My clubs are doing strange things (back to back 11 yd. chips and one time it goes 6 yds and the next shot it goes 20 yds?????) and the game is just really making me lose interest.

Tim

RSS