Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Corona virus windfall for WGT

Wed, Apr 1 2020 8:57 AM (9 replies)
  • AlienFart
    3 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2020 9:36 AM

I sure hope that the extra revenue being generated by more games being played by people that have to stay at home will be used for improving the upcoming new version.  Everybody stay well and keep two club lengths away from me please ( not that you hadn't had to do that for obvious reasons before)

• alpenpirat
    1,123 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2020 10:11 AM

St. Patricks Day in your office ?? 

Topgolf is not interesting to make the game better or to improve it.

The only passion Topgolf has; Sales and advertising.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2020 11:01 AM
    Let's try to stay nice here, okay? For all we know, the owners, mods, and other employees have tested positive or are caring for relatives . . . . .
  • craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2020 11:28 AM

In my opinion a lot less people are playing .

In my country club and even on the main forums i see less participation .

Obviously many have a lot more serious jobs to do .

Be safe .

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2020 11:52 AM

AlienFart:

I sure hope that the extra revenue being generated by more games being played by people that have to stay at home will be used for improving the upcoming new version.  Everybody stay well and keep two club lengths away from me please ( not that you hadn't had to do that for obvious reasons before)

Just curious as to how you were able to establish that WGT has realized extra revenue.  

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2020 11:53 AM

craigswan:

In my opinion a lot less people are playing .

In my country club and even on the main forums i see less participation .

Obviously many have a lot more serious jobs to do .

Be safe .

+1

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 7:57 AM

AlienFart:
    I sure hope that the extra revenue being generated by more games being played by people that have to stay at home will be used for improving the upcoming new version.

Any extra revenue generated here is probably easily offset by the loss of revenue they're experiencing by closing all the Topgolf locations.

https://topgolf.com/us/company/covid19/

As a result of the recent mandates on health and safety across the globe, Topgolf will be closing our U.S. venues at this time until further notice. Our thoughts are with our Guests, communities and all those impacted by the coronavirus as we navigate through this difficult time.

Thank you for your continued support. We will be ready to welcome you back to our venues for unforgettable experiences when we can do so safely and responsibly.

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 5:31 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 9:38 AM

AlienFart:
      Everybody stay well and keep two club lengths away from me please

I sit 6 feet away from my computer, just in case.  :-D

• AlienFart
    3 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 8:57 AM

I'm sorry, but I thought I'd add a little (very little) lightheartedness in these uncertain, unprecedented, trying  and unsettled times.  I determined that more people are playing solely by the increased number of my friends online.  I know it's a skewed and relatively small sample.  Everybody be safe please and stay in the short grass.

RSS