Help › Forums

Re: COVIT-19 VIRUS IS STRESSFUL

Fri, Aug 20 2021 4:42 PM (132 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2020 7:35 AM

pmm711:

andwhy67:

I live in the south of France, i cultivate my own cannabis, it doesn’t make me an addict, far from it, i just enjoy gardening.😉

That reminded me of a funny story...to me anyway...

In the 1970s I was growing weed in the sunniest location of my parent’s home...right next to the front door.  I came home from school one day and the weed was gone.  First thing my dad said to me when I got inside, “Don’t worry no one stole your pot plants.  They were getting so big I moved them so the mailman wouldn’t report them to the police”.  He loved plants and gardening too.  That was the first time I remember thinking my dad was cool.  I was too young to even drive at the time.  RIP dad...thank you for that one!

That’s nice, times like that when you realise your folks can be cool, and then kick your ass another.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2020 7:59 AM

Overridingly the police are doing a super job in uheard circumstances.  Heck not even teh romans tried stopping freeborn Brits going to the pub:)

Always the odd one though and all good as the local PLOD centre effectively said sorry, and hopefully all can see teh funny side of a stuff up:

No judge is going to convict this lady for using ordinary chalk let alone a jury:)

As for the 70s (and below some 80sm.....Seems great times looking back fron here.  I remember all of this, but born 64 I should I guess:

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2020 4:08 PM

• MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 7:42 AM

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 8:41 AM

TyMacni:

Hi Robert,

I understand. My post was some what tongue in cheek. There are many people, up front and behind the scene, putting themselves at risk for us and I am grateful to all.  

👍

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 8:55 AM

Fear not, this too shall pass.  :-)

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 7:45 PM

We are a few weeks into self-isolation and it is really upsetting me to witness my wife standing at the living room window gazing aimlessly into space with tears running down her cheeks. It breaks my heart to see her like this. I have thought very hard about how I can cheer her up. I have even considered letting her back in the house…but rules are rules.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2020 9:16 AM

TyMacni:

We are a few weeks into self-isolation and it is really upsetting me to witness my wife standing at the living room window gazing aimlessly into space with tears running down her cheeks. It breaks my heart to see her like this. I have thought very hard about how I can cheer her up. I have even considered letting her back in the house…but rules are rules.

..."but rules are rules."

I couldn't empathize more with you, Ty. I'm in the same boat. Should I let her back in to do laundry?...Clean the apartment?...maybe cook the odd meal ? (Dominoes gets tiring)...

I did send her on a beer run but that was a few days ago. 

In truth, during these times, it's tough being a man...but sacrifice is the order of the day.:))

ct

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2020 9:47 AM

They said the 6 foot rule, a mask & gloves were enough to go to the grocery store? They lied....Everybody else had clothes on!!

JD

• Rick6208
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2020 6:28 PM

Thank you TyMcani, you gave me a good chuckle during this unbelievable time !

RSS