Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ready-go #143423

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 22 2020 4:20 AM (5 replies)
  • zzmoenorman
    31 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2020 3:09 PM

entered my first ready go tournament #143423, Stopped after a few holes because there was an announcement that my CC was in a challenge. So I stopped and saved the game.

When I went back to complete the round it won't let me play.  I went looking for rules that stipulate this but could not find any.  Is the correct result for stopping and saving?  Where are the rules?

Thanks

ZZ

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2020 3:21 PM

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2020 11:18 PM

+1  Don

zzmoenorman:
    (While playing a RG) there was an announcement that my CC was in a challenge. So I stopped and saved the game.
    The "save" option does not imply to store one game while playing another one. When continuing or returning to the game client, you can only resume or forfeit the current game. Thus, you'd forfeit your RG before participating in the CC challenge.

zzmoenorman:
    Where are the rules?

FAQs > Tournaments > Strokeplay > Ranked Rounds  over there ==>

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2020 9:04 PM

If he stopped and saved he would be able to play any round other than his saved round anyway so the point is moot...When you go back on the game it takes you to your saved game and gives you 2 choices ....continue your round or forfeit ...

• zzmoenorman
    31 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 3:32 AM

For clarity, after I saved the game I played in CC event and when I returned to the ready-go I thought I would be able to resume the game .  When I attempted to start the game it notified me I could not play..  I never got to the screen that allowed continue or forfeit.

edit - Received code ERROR # 1075.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 4:20 AM

zzmoenorman:
    after I saved the game I played in CC event

1) At that moment, you should have been asked whether to continue the RG game.
    (assuming you played on PC)

2) When you played in the CC event, you forfeited the RG game.

zzmoenorman:
    When I attempted to start the game it notified me I could not play.. 

That was because you had already played (and forfeited) the RG game.

Unrelated: After an error code, anything is possible...

RSS