Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Shamrock Showdown Bug played 3 holes for me @ +3

Sun, Mar 22 2020 10:49 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2020 1:28 PM

This is an unrelated topic, but has anyone paid attention to the parameters of the final round (wind, distance, green speed, etc...)? It’s almost like somebody has taken the Precision/Forgiveness circles and multiply their areas by 1.5. My calculations were way off. And green speed, oh they were wrong as well. What showed on the screen as Slow acted more like Standard, Fast was more like Very Fast, etc... you get the idea. 

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2020 3:05 PM

fobby1980:

This is an unrelated topic, but has anyone paid attention to the parameters of the final round (wind, distance, green speed, etc...)? It’s almost like somebody has taken the Precision/Forgiveness circles and multiply their areas by 1.5. My calculations were way off. And green speed, oh they were wrong as well. What showed on the screen as Slow acted more like Standard, Fast was more like Very Fast, etc... you get the idea. 

yep the whole thing is screwy to me and i hadnt even drank a san miguel,gonna make up fot dat now tho,ffs,lol

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2020 3:32 PM

Borat74:
    You then got M,s and TM,s wiping you out,will be swerving this end of.

I am normally a PC player but thought I would give this Shamrock Showdown a go.  I was beaten by Masters who play on that format all the time.  I was winning one game so the guy forfeited and my screen stuck,  the timer kept spinning like we weren't connected then up comes a warning telling me I had used all of my time and got an expiry warning.... Duhhhh

Heedless to say I am not having much fun with this thing.  Last time I will try it.

Tim

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 2:05 AM

Mythanatos:
    OR your opponent cancels out on the first tee before you can hit a shot. 

I had a guy cancel before either of us tee'd off.  The game hung and I was issued a warning.  Then things returned to normal and I was able to play all 3 holes.  Thing is, I wasn't sure what happened so while I was waiting on my laptop via PCEA, I then triggered up my iPhone.  The iPhone started a "New Showdown Holes 16-18".  I finished on PCEA and then the iPhone round ceased and I guess I forfeited that one.  My scores were all recorded correctly though....no 3 bogies.

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 10:49 AM

Bushbeater4:
    I was winning one game so the guy forfeited and my screen stuck,  the timer kept spinning like we weren't connected then up comes a warning telling me I had used all of my time and got an expiry warning.... Duhhhh

Exact same thing happened to me on the last hole of a three hole match. I had a short birdie putt and other player quit. I ended up missing the cut line to the finals by one stroke and this bug cost me 2 strokes and my 100 credit entry. I know I could complain to customer service and get my entry fee back but that is not the point. This was the first time it has happened to me and it will also be the last because I am also done with showdowns. Come on WGT you can do better than this. You know it has been going on now for numerous showdowns but have not let your customers know what is being done to fix it. 

• PAGES
RSS