Forums

Help › Forums

Re: eTour Changes for Scandinavian Mixed Qualifier

Wed, Aug 12 2020 1:28 PM (42 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 10:50 AM

Yiannis1970:

here on earth have you seen written all these things you are posting?

So, i hit the same score with others that have played the previous weeks and hit the same score as me, but i stay out cause i picked to play week 5 and not week 1??

I would love to see where did you find all these things...

Surprisingly the tournament rules: Specifically for what you're talking about.

9. If 2 players share a score of 60 from the same weekly qualifier, the normal leaderboard tiebreakers will apply. (https://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#ties)

10. If 2 players share a score of 60 from different weekly qualifiers, the player who qualified in the earlier qualifier will be the higher seeded player.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 11:55 AM

BPeterson8256:
    When this craziness starts to calm down, I am hoping that we will still get the chance to finish the tournament somewhere in Europe.

I doubt the world and travel will ever be the same after the pandemic (phase 1) calms down.  Let's not forget these things usually go through 3 phases.  It's bad enough pro sports are talking about reconvening and their schedules are getting TV bottom banner recognition on many channels.  I love sports as much as anyone but personally don't care if they ever play again.  The doctors, nurses, EMTs, police, firemen and schoolteachers deserve the million dollar contracts...definitely not folks who are talented with a ball.  People should start idolizing family members more and forget these athletes.  Sorry...I'll get off my soapbox.  My bad.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 12:27 PM

DodgyPutter:

Yiannis1970:

So, i hit the same score with others that have played the previous weeks and hit the same score as me, but i stay out cause i picked to play week 5 and not week 1??

9. If 2 players share a score of 60 from the same weekly qualifier, the normal leaderboard tiebreakers will apply. (https://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#ties)

10. If 2 players share a score of 60 from different weekly qualifiers, the player who qualified in the earlier qualifier will be the higher seeded player.

Not at all surprisingly you respond without bothering to look the post just after mine...

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 1:36 PM

Yiannis1970:

DodgyPutter:

Yiannis1970:

Not at all surprisingly you respond without bothering to look the post just after mine...

Maybe; the writing, linking, and copying took me more than 3min 32sec.  In short, it wasn't there when I started to answer.  Unlike the tournament rules, the post that started this thread and Simons explanation.

Initially I used "surprisingly" as wgt doesn't always make tournament rules as clear as they have this time, but seeing your uninformed and aggressive response I'm happy to go along with your interpretation.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 2:16 PM

DodgyPutter:

Maybe; the writing, linking, and copying took me more than 3min 32sec.  In short, it wasn't there when I started to answer.

Mags wrote his post 7 min  after mine and i responded to him apologizing in less than 3'....but don't let me interrupt your trolling streak. Good job. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 2:37 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Mags wrote his post 7 min  after mine and i responded to him apologizing in less than 3'....but don't let me interrupt your trolling streak. Good job

If you're saying, as I think you are, that Mags post was there when I answered then the relevant time gap is between it and mine. The only alternative is you meant I ignored your apology and the the gap there is even smaller, almost non existent. The 7min etc nonsense above is just that.

You always seem to accuse others of trolling, when I've been stupid in this thread I said so.  On the other hand you've not read what it's about and argued with others when they tried to explain it to you.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 2:47 PM

Yiannis1970:
    but don't let me interrupt your trolling streak. Good job. 

You are too good of a player to start accusing people of trolling... while seemingly egging others on.

I dropped this when I saw others corrected you, despite you suggesting I was wrong in my understanding that coincided with what Birchi and Fmagnets affirmed and gave more details.

Dodgy, simply directed you to the specific posts so you could reread it yourself and figure out what you may have missed... he tried to save you time.

As Brett alluded too... people are dying right now, let's ease up with the egos and hope WGT can work something out to hold these events. But if not, at least we can consider ourselves lucky to occupy ourselves with a game we enjoy while we are cooped up and trying not to go stir crazy.

I wish you all well and best of luck by the way, wherever you end up in the seeding.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 5:05 PM

DodgyPutter:

Yiannis1970:
    Mags wrote his post 7 min  after mine and i responded to him apologizing in less than 3'....but don't let me interrupt your trolling streak. Good job

If you're saying, as I think you are, that Mags post was there when I answered then the relevant time gap is between it and mine. The only alternative is you meant I ignored your apology and the the gap there is even smaller, almost non existent. The 7min etc nonsense above is just that.

You always seem to accuse others of trolling, when I've been stupid in this thread I said so.  On the other hand you've not read what it's about and argued with others when they tried to explain it to you.

I am not accusing anyone. I just stated the facts...and the fact is that your ''work'' in here is no other than writing post after post after post, without even considering to participate in the discussion. I made an error and i apologized right away. I don't need you to run pointing the finger at me (that's all you are doing in here by the way...i am not the first). So, stop playing the innocent victim in here cause it doesn't suit you. Your only intention was just to point a finger at me with flaming intention. Meanwhile, the guy i was having the direct discussion (since i quoted him) has never said anything about it, perhaps cause unlike you understands simple misunderstandings and mistakes without making further fuss.  

And yes...your way of participating in here is the definition of trolling.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 5:12 PM

el3n1:

You are too good of a player to start accusing people of trolling... while seemingly egging others on.

I dropped this when I saw others corrected you, despite you suggesting I was wrong in my understanding that coincided with what Birchi and Fmagnets affirmed and gave more details.

And you did well enough. You were right, i was wrong. I said sorry, end of story. For the archive, i didn't suggest you were wrong. I was asking a question cause this whole thing is just absurd. That's it.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 11:06 AM

Yiannis1970:
    I was asking a question cause this whole thing is just absurd. That's it.

it was this line from your original comment I interpreted as suggesting I was mistaken. 

Yiannis1970:
    That sounds reasonable but can't work and i will explain why.

That line is what I heard / read and stuck with me … can you see why?

It was further down you ask what came across to me as a rhetorical question because you were suggesting you knew how the seeding worked in part.  Again, that was how I interpreted your comment / question.  It does not mean it was how it was intended.

BTW, not bickering with you here, just clarifying how I understood your post to begin with and likely what prompted the others to follow up with clarification.

RSS