Help › Forums

Re: WIND VARIABLES

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 16 2020 8:59 AM (53 replies)
  • Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 7:07 PM

el3n1:

I also felt Tony was attempting to dialogue as well, which is why I addressed him.

I haven't and don't get that from Mantiao

There’s not much point continuing a dialogue with someone that persists to refuse to accept facts. 

The fact of the matter is there is a reason behind every failed shot and it has nothing to do with little green men sitting in the basement of WGT deliberately trying to spoil people’s game by changing wind direction as you hit.

Each hole has its nuances, some pins play short, some play long, some are not susceptible to wind as others, which is why a notebook is available for purchase. 

In other words general calculations work only generally. A knowledge of how individual holes play is essential. 

Apart from a jumpy meter or two paced dots on the green which are Flash problems, blaming WGT for poorly executed shots is a copout.

To state the Flash game is easier to play because it experiences less problems is ridiculous.

These are facts which require no further dialogue apart from discussion concerning shot execution according to wind, distance, and elevation on individual holes.

el3n1:
    I don't try to set out to demean or belittle others suggesting they are rubbish or illogical.

Well good for you. You’d make a great diplomat. They’re adept at continuing dialogue using tactful platitudes instead of telling it how it is in order not to offend some snowfalke’s sensibilities. 

Enjoy your break.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 5:08 AM

Ed the reason I mentioned not being fair and VEM was I spent ages reading the thread you linked, less on this one.

It was also linking to the other thread and suggesting it showed him to be incapable of proper dialogue that I saw as unfair, that was maybe why my post was mainly (completely?) about that.

For clarity, the comment I quoted wasn't yours and there were worse ones from various people, I just thought the thread got a bit silly and that was where it started to.  Where I empathised with Mantiao (in that thread) was that proving VEM (in the wtf shots way) isn't happening is a bit like proving Nessie doesn't exist to avid believers. He may be a bit more abrasive than me but I could feel his frustration.  Probably to both sides of any VEM debate the other side are being illogical.

Anyway the reason I posted here was I was very surprised at you being, I thought, a bit unfair. I may be wrong and certainly others may have been even more unfair in both threads, but it was thinking you were that was the surprise to me as I know you go out of your way not to be.

I will message you later but I wanted to try to explain and say sorry here, I didn't mean to cause upset. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 7:41 AM

Alan, I felt I could see why you may have gone that direction and I saw how my post and my link could have played a factor.  Sorry you felt drawn to read all of that thread.  I am sure it was tedious. 

I tried to defer to Sean's experience at that time because my experience on WGT was still in the very early stages.  But I was at times overzealous and trying to soak up and learn as much as I could... sometimes I feel that came off wrong and has possibly worked against me at times.  I don't or haven't gone back to change edit or revise post because I feel they may also so my development or progress over time.  We as humans are not always perfect despite our best efforts... we too can have a bit of variance. : )

But, as my time on WGT grew, I learned, I also tried to improve in my responses to others.  I still may make mistakes and I appreciate your thoughtfulness and tone. 

Sadly, I still have not observed those attributes from the other person, who seems more intent to belittle and demean others than build up and foster community.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 8:59 AM

This thread is getting out of hand. 

Locking. 

_CHAMPION 

RSS