Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mulligans

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 6 2020 12:56 PM (3 replies)
  • okiechuck
    6,320 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2020 6:17 PM

This has probably been brought up before but, how about selling mulligans in the Pro Shop for stroke games. 10 Mulligans for 100 credits to be used in a stroke games. It not only generates income for the mulligans but for balls as well. And it allows that do-over when we miss the ding  Just a thought.

Cheers, Chuck

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 10:57 AM

okiechuck:

This has probably been brought up before but, how about selling mulligans in the Pro Shop for stroke games. 10 Mulligans for 100 credits to be used in a stroke games. It not only generates income for the mulligans but for balls as well. And it allows that do-over when we miss the ding  Just a thought.

Cheers, Chuck

First of all, it's never going to happen (and shouldn't). And second, the importance of hitting the ding can be easily exaggerated. 

Yesterday, I played two rounds. The first round, I shot a 27 (Bethpage Black) and had a hole in one. The second round, I shot a 31 (Oakmont).

In the first round, I only dinged it twice. And neither time was on the HIO. 

But in the second round, I dinged it 7 times. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 11:48 AM

I’m an off ding player. I purposely miss the ding either to the left or right, depends on the wind direction. I do the same thing with putting, depends on amount of breaks. It’s funny, when I accidentally hit the ding, that would be a real bad shot for me. This suits my gameplay, so I’m sticking with it.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 12:56 PM

okiechuck:

Cheers, Chuck

No.  Much like real golf, you cannot buy good scores.  Practice is the means for achieving your scoring goals.  If you've actually played golf in real life, hitting the 'screws' is not always a guarentee, as is hitting the 'ding', so, suck it up, practice up and let's play!

RSS