Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clash 119

Mon, Feb 24 2020 7:51 PM (20 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 6:50 AM

AlaskanDame:

St. A, Merion, St. A., Merion, Merion here.  3 of 5 for us at Merion.

Well, no further variety for us, though the lack thereof got easier (if you like high wind).

The above has been followed by 3 rounds at St. Andrews.

No sign of Erin or Congressional.

Back to the frustrations of Merion in round 9.

Recap:  4 Merion.  5 St. A’s.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 12:59 PM

Merion 7 out of 9 so far😵

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 5:13 PM

AlaskanDame:
    5 of each now.  Ick!

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 7:24 PM

AlaskanDame:

AlaskanDame:
    5 of each now.  Ick!

Just ridiculous

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 8:01 PM

Our final tally is 4 EH, 3 St. A, 3 Cong., and 1 Merion.

Because high winds at Merion are lower than on the other courses, I didn't think it was all that bad.  On the other hand, the other 3 courses were total crap shoots depending on which direction the high winds were on a given hole.  I had some par 4's I could not reach in 2, some crosswinds where getting close to the hole was blind luck, and some tail winds that made holes easy.  It just depended how they sequenced in a given round.

Tom.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 8:12 PM

I'm not going to complain about conditions, as it does no good.   But I will complain that we had merion, like 8 times, and it sux, because it's only a par 34, we were cheated out of birdie, or even eagle chances every round, as no par 5s,so looking at possible birdies alone, we didn't have a shot at an extra 14 points per round.  ( even maybe eagles ) Multiply that by all the players we have and the rounds that they played, it adds up to hundreds of points,  maybe the difference in 2 or 3 places on the leaderboard.  That's where wgt falls short,  they don't think their plans through at all.  Just one more programmer snafu. 

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 2:24 PM

I'm not sure if others have noticed but when you use your last free pass and the actual Clash has more than four hours left to play you don't get your last free pass before they award prize passes for where you finish on the leaderboard.  I have written WGT about this before and they sent me the pass but it happened again this time and I am tired of asking for what they promise but don't payout.

For instance there is 7 hours left in the clash so you hit the challenge button.  After finding an opponent there is 6:45 left in the Clash.  You use your last free pass meaning that you should be entitled to another free one in four hours according to Clash rules.  While there isn't time to challenge another club your round ends before you earn the pass but the clash is still running for another 2:45.  You never get that pass because after you are given your earned passes based on your finish position it will not give another pass.

I can only think of the thousands of passes WGT doesn't pay out using this math in their favor.  

WGT it's about time to get it right.

Tim

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 9:05 PM

Bushbeater4:
    I'm not sure if others have noticed but when you use your last free pass and the actual Clash has more than four hours left to play you don't get your last free pass before they award prize passes for where you finish on the leaderboard.

My experience it is +4.  But if I start my last free clash game before 11 PM Eastern (everyone can adjust for their time zone), another pass shows before 3 AM.  Then I get 1 before 3 AM so +4 for 5.

If I start my last free clash game after 11 PM, I get +4 so 4 because the new free pass does not show before 3 AM.  That is what I did this clash so I only had 4 the next morning.

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 9:17 PM

Luckystar5:
    I'm not going to complain about conditions, as it does no good.   But I will complain that we had merion, like 8 times,

100% with you on this.

Why WGT cannot distribute course equally is beyond me!!!

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2020 12:43 PM

jacktrade51:
    My experience it is +4.  But if I start my last free clash game before 11 PM Eastern (everyone can adjust for their time zone), another pass shows before 3 AM.  Then I get 1 before 3 AM so +4 for 5.

Hey Tom I am glad this is working for you, that's how it should go down.  Makes me feel a bit better that a t least it works right for some.

Our CC only won 3 passes this last clash and even though I shot my last free pass  over 6 hours before actual clash end I only got 3 passes.

Tim

RSS