Forums

Help › Forums

Re: people who disconnect during a game

Mon, Feb 15 2021 6:17 PM (34 replies)
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2011 10:14 AM

Clobber42:

Connection is abysmal today. Took six attempts to get started on a blitz game then connection dropped after 6 holes. And they want people to pay for this crap.

No problems here.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 12:15 PM

I've quit 2 games in my tenure here and that was because of game running at a snails pace. 5-10 mins between shots is just ridiculous. Any other game leaves have been according to WGT....  an error with the page, close it and try again. Only thing more frustrating then a quitter is getting that dam message and THEN having people call you a quitter on your page!

Once again I ask...........Where the hell does all the money go that we pay this site? Hire someone who can run this game and or knows how to fix it. Beta for how many years now????????

• eurantia
    318 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 10:00 PM

x1524807:
    d WGT is aware, but they feel this is a problem only in your head
     there is not much WGT realistically can do about a quitting player,after all there are a multitude of possibilities and reasons for qa person leaving.I ve dealt with a quitting scenario more times than I  can count! One recourse that has never done me any good ..is getting pissed off.when i'm pissed it ruins the game for me.Aside from that i have a fantastic friend base and aside from explainable power failure or an announced apology that something important came up and they had to go [ i absolutely have no problem with that ] I have not had ANY quitting problems...PERIOD

• eurantia
    318 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 10:05 PM

TeeWade:
    10 mins between shots is just ridiculous
    10 minutes between your shots?mathematically impossible  snails pace i assume u mean slow players----3 players take max of time  89seconds apiece..do your math einstein  your turn 4.45minutes.. unless they are taking penalties then they deserve to be shot!!!!

• eurantia
    318 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 10:06 PM

TeeWade:
    10 mins between shots is just ridiculous
    10 minutes between your shots?mathematically impossible  snails pace i assume u mean slow players----3 players take max of time  89seconds apiece..do your math einstein  your turn in 4.45minutes.. unless they are taking penalties then they deserve to be shot!!!!

• Rdecastro
    14 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 3:19 AM

hear you but lets not forget about the very popular UNEXPECTED ERROR .playing a stroke game n 4 some reason i got disconnected bcoz of an error then  i will get this message that i quit, which yes i got disconnected but it was not my fault

• aardvark40
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 12:56 PM

My opponent  just disconnected on our second extra hole as I was three feet from the pin and he was 2 shots behind. All that work wasted. I had come back from 2 holes down. Can we PLEASE apply penalties to people who do this. FFS. Can WGT send everyone guidelines or something? It's infuriating. Just concede the hole, or the match. 

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2020 7:41 AM

its against their rules to name a player better edit before your suspended lol

• aardvark40
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2020 5:19 PM

Done Thanks!

RSS