Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Showdown scam

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 9 2020 4:52 AM (40 replies)
  • Claudia7466
    9 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 7:57 AM

321 yard par 4, 314 yard par 4...expert? Thats the little girl tees!

The Showdown is a failure. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 10:55 AM

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 11:51 AM

EchoUK:
    This just shouldn't be allowed.....

I don't entirely disagree with you... or with 

Infyniti:
    Some people haven't figured out yet how to change the level they compete at is one problem.

But here is the other thing.  The first time... yes you can accidentally enter into the Rookie division.  2nd, 3rd time... it is more of an intentional effort of doing so.  

WGT should at the very least force promotions if a player consistently wins, just as they do in coin rooms from one week to the next.  Especially if you are finishing at the top of your division!

With mobile players -- who have access to 2 credit videos... and given many of the players who drop down are also playing 1000 credits a sleeve of golf balls.  

The argument that they don't have the credits to spend in order to play a higher division, loses an awful lot of weight.  

Yes the problems with glitches can be a factor for some.  But if you are blowing 1000 credits on a sleeve of balls, risking 100 versus 10 to step up into the Veteran category isn't an issue of not having credits.  

The people are trying to work the system and they don't even use the lower level balls they are winning.  Whereas the ball in the expert category is reflective of a ball they would play. 

-- Remember the Legends and above are playing off the back tees in Rookie!  In Expert they are playing off easier forward tees, which they likely also know very well from playing red tee tournaments if they have a 52 average unless they are an elite player.  Yes the competition gets tougher but the game with apparel gets easier and they have more looks at eagle than they would in Rookie.

WGT should not be allowing skilled players to slum it in Rookie... winning event after event.  WGT forces promotions on better players in nearly every other aspect of the game.  They should do so with showdowns as well.  

Infyniti:
    But also The number of people willing to play for a 1000 credit buyin is dwindling. and  there are several reasons why. 

I also think you make some valid points in this regard... so I am not dismissing any of those. 

The showdowns are a great idea for mobile players who have a preference of using their apparel but struggle without it when entering WGT events with their standard clubs.  It is / was new, and offer some incentive for mobile players that they have never had the opportunity to play for... like ball prizes or credits. 

Showdowns have presented as having some issues... Like many things... if it doesn't get fixed or worked out... participation will drop because the same people keep winning week after week and many people will just stop playing... happens in other areas of the game as well.  

• CaverNolema
    10 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2020 12:33 PM

Just out of curiosity....did it happen in the expert group? I have had opponents quit several times in the roomie group, but I was allowed to finish solo...and record my real score. I'm wondering if the reverse is happening in expert.

I had complained about having to take bogeys on some holes when my connection was lost, but later was given a couple of strokes back in my favor. 

Twice now in showdowns I've been faced with fairly difficult putts (I'm not good at putting at all) when my opponent finished out a hole.....the 3rd in our matchup.

After my opponent's putt dropped the round ended and I was credited as if I had made the putt.

That has gone my way twice when I was sure I would have missed the putt.

It probably needs to be fixed, as well.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 2:23 PM

el3n1:

EchoUK:
    This just shouldn't be allowed.....

I don't entirely disagree with you... or with 

Infyniti:
    Some people haven't figured out yet how to change the level they compete at is one problem.

But here is the other thing.  The first time... yes you can accidentally enter into the Rookie division.  2nd, 3rd time... it is more of an intentional effort of doing so.  

WGT should at the very least force promotions if a player consistently wins, just as they do in coin rooms from one week to the next.  Especially if you are finishing at the top of your division!

With mobile players -- who have access to 2 credit videos... and given many of the players who drop down are also playing 1000 credits a sleeve of golf balls.  

The argument that they don't have the credits to spend in order to play a higher division, loses an awful lot of weight.  

Yes the problems with glitches can be a factor for some.  But if you are blowing 1000 credits on a sleeve of balls, risking 100 versus 10 to step up into the Veteran category isn't an issue of not having credits.  

The people are trying to work the system and they don't even use the lower level balls they are winning.  Whereas the ball in the expert category is reflective of a ball they would play. 

-- Remember the Legends and above are playing off the back tees in Rookie!  In Expert they are playing off easier forward tees, which they likely also know very well from playing red tee tournaments if they have a 52 average unless they are an elite player.  Yes the competition gets tougher but the game with apparel gets easier and they have more looks at eagle than they would in Rookie.

WGT should not be allowing skilled players to slum it in Rookie... winning event after event.  WGT forces promotions on better players in nearly every other aspect of the game.  They should do so with showdowns as well.  

Infyniti:
    But also The number of people willing to play for a 1000 credit buyin is dwindling. and  there are several reasons why. 

I also think you make some valid points in this regard... so I am not dismissing any of those. 

The showdowns are a great idea for mobile players who have a preference of using their apparel but struggle without it when entering WGT events with their standard clubs.  It is / was new, and offer some incentive for mobile players that they have never had the opportunity to play for... like ball prizes or credits. 

Showdowns have presented as having some issues... Like many things... if it doesn't get fixed or worked out... participation will drop because the same people keep winning week after week and many people will just stop playing... happens in other areas of the game as well.  

They should fix the known bugs that have been plaguing these showdowns first before trying to promote players. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 2:40 PM

fobby1980:
    They should fix the known bugs that have been plaguing these showdowns first before trying to promote players. 

If they are winning repeatedly in the rookie division with the bugs, then it does not appear to be hurting them... so why allow them to continue exploiting less skilled players?

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 2:53 PM

I suspect anyone Legend and above playing in Rookie are already at additional hidden disadvantages. Everything is more unforgiving; it’s like someone just turn the Unforgiving knob all the way to 10. “All right I see you, and you, you over there, and all of you who are slumming it in Rookie, you all get 10 for Unforgiving!”

Of course if someone were to ask WGT to confirm this they would straight up deny it. But you ask around, and players would tell you there’s too much evidence otherwise. 

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2020 5:51 AM
    fmagnets can play in rookie division if he wished.....skill level isnt dictated by wgt what division you play in......the only difference in the divisions is how much each player wants to pay and win......basicly all 3 divisions are for all levels of players......no difference than this or entering an rg for 50 credits or an rg for a 1000 credits....its upto the individual
  • pase4win
    232 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2020 7:04 AM

el3n1:

fobby1980:

If they are winning repeatedly in the rookie division with the bugs, then it does not appear to be hurting them... so why allow them to continue exploiting less skilled players?

Are you really playing against the player? or are you not trying to beat the course when playing in a Showdown to achieve a low score ?

Pase

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2020 6:16 PM

is there a shortage of prizes for the finalists, as my inbox is empty and I finalized in the shamrock showdown veteran tier. . . 

RSS