Forums

Help › Forums

Re: M5 3 Wood???

Fri, Feb 14 2020 9:49 AM (5 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 11:11 AM

Not only that but why cant the high end 3 woods be high trajectory ? They are always the same Med/ High trajectory for no good reason . Also why cant they make a hybrid that performs like a 3 wood ? Every hybrid is rated at 225 yards , why ? Why cant they make a high end hybrid thats 240 - 250 yards ?

Its now 2020 WGT and its time to start listening to the customers for a change . All we have ever been trying to do is help make the game better .

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 11:45 AM

lonniescott711:
    Also why cant they make a hybrid that performs like a 3 wood ? Every hybrid is rated at 225 yards , why ? Why cant they make a high end hybrid thats 240 - 250 yards ?

In a way, they have... you just have to use the sponsor apparel and max out your hybrid yardage.  Of course when you can use it, is limited, but it does allow you to see how such a club would play if it existed in default terms in the pro shop.

Given how easily it is to tweak yardages on mobile with sponsor apparel... it makes it harder to grasp why there isn't a longer hybrid or 5wd in the pro shop.

When I waste time on mobile, I use "boosted irons" and the 3i with max apparel is 241y I believe.  I haven't bothered with a hybrid and likely never will, but a 241y 3i is nearly as good as a 250y 3wd for mobile coin games.  

--follow up... just checked it out... the draw back... you have to sacrifice the boosted driver distance in order to add hybrid distance (both are hats).  That definitely isn't worth swapping out imho, especially since you can increase irons into the desired yardage range you are asking for.  

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 2:22 PM
    Just a suggestion. Try the level 99 Callie 3 wood. You might be surprised. With a higher end ball 250 yd minimum from the fairway (w/o head or tail winds and w/o apparel enhancements), 260 or so from the tee. The lower trajectory means less crosswind effect. Accepts BS and will stop on greens. A slightly missed hit will not veer drastically right or left or subtract major yardage like most other 3 woods. No 3 wd is a precision piece, but this one performs more consistently and predictably than the others I have used.
  • el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 9:49 AM

goldeena:
    and as for apparel - don't even go there

the point is / was, regardless of someone's feeling on apparel… apparel demonstrates how easily clubs in our bag can be tweaked or adjusted yardage wise.  This makes it harder to explain or understand why WGT hasn't offered a longer hybrid or introduced a 5 wd that would fill a void for some people in a club they have long sought on WGT.  

Clearly it is possible, which lends more to the frustrations being expressed.  

RSS