Forums

Help › Forums

Re: sweetheart showdown

Wed, Feb 19 2020 11:29 PM (23 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 10:08 AM

RMS1364:
    I tried to start a match and had to bail, never making it to the point of having an opponent or making the first tee, and it cost me three bogeys.

This is another known issue, but some would refer to it as the "patience" issue...  I suggested and it seems to me, WGT could implement a 30  or 45 second timer similar to what is used in a game for your opponent that automatically kicks you out and back into the lobby to prevent this dynamic from happening. 

As it stands, if you sit there not knowing how long to wait, it leaves you guessing whether it is safe to exit or not,  sometimes it appears a match is made without your screen showing it, which then shows you as WD or forfeiting a match you never knew existed -- which in turn prompts the 3 bogeys.  

While playing in a showdown, I would advise never canceling or backing out as you never know whether this will happen.  And 3 bogies is far too great a penalty to risk if you can help it at all. 

kavvz:
    the code handing disconnects is the same regardless of room so I don't think the issue WGT faces is picking the correct room.

In theory yes, but they are not working consistently or the problems would not still be happening.  But, if the disconnects and the chances of a player potentially quitting or WD increases in a lower stakes room, the chances increase that it may not get handled properly.  Sometimes it will work, I agree... but in showdowns where every single stroke matters -- it can significantly alter the outcome in the standings or even if you advance to the next stage.

kavvz:
    I think they need to fix the code handing disconnects

I agree this will help significantly, but it also cost a lot more money, time and expertise to fix, where as room assignment takes far less effort and time to adjust and imho would lower the number of chances, in the veteran group in particular of occurring so often. 

I am not saying it is a perfect solution, but less costly on WGT.  

The other aspect of this is tee designation in the coin rooms.  Do you realize Rookies are the only player group that puts Legends and above off the back tee boxes or their default tees?  TC that enter the Rookies division for whatever reason are playing further back than TC who enter the EXPERT group.  How does that make sense?

And the TC entering Rookie likely hasn't built up their sponsor apparel yet, whereas the Experts have likely already been doing so but they play closer tee boxes in the highest division.  How does that make any sense?

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 12:30 PM

el3n1:

WGT could mitigate this problem to a large degree by simply adjusting the coin rooms being used.   The lower coin rooms see this happen far more frequently than the high stakes coin rooms.    

Choose wisely.... 

WGT can easily decide not to have the games be done in coin rooms. They can set it up as part of a regular tournament in 3, 6, 9 or 18 holes at a time in a specific order and conditions. 

I don't know why it has to be in coin rooms where some players can get low winds some high winds, some 7.4 greens some 12 greens. 

Then it would be more fair and people can play as fast or slow as they please. and once someone enters the rookie, veteran or expert they can group it in 100's as they are doing at the moment. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 2:41 PM

good suggestions @MCalderon402...

can only hope WGT is reading or working on potential solutions because clearly more and more people are becoming discouraged and turned off by how their scores are being impacted, which directly effects the outcome.  

I have written in more than one messages to WGT customer service prior to Showdowns taking place... I don't care about being reimbursed silly coins... I just want to see these type of issues addressed and fixed in some way.  These are not entirely new complaints, but they do have much greater ramifications in the showdowns where people are now spending credits to enter and playing upwards of 45 holes depending on how far they progress.  

These events have great potential and I like the idea of them... I just hope some fixes can be made.  

• sammey1
    680 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2020 11:29 PM

I find that when the "Oops" cancel-retry issue appears I wait a few seconds for it to clear itself rather click the cancel or retry buttons. If either are clicked it freezes for good.

RSS