Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can the performace of ones computer affect others?

Wed, Feb 19 2020 8:27 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • cussinjack
    89 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2020 6:09 PM

el3n1:

hmmm?  Sounds odd... having said that...

I do believe there was a time when using "ball effects" by one player would impact the other players... it was so bad that it could hinder my ability to type in chat, the meter would be erratic and the such.  

I do not know if the issue was ever fully resolved, but I refused to ever use them so as to not appear to be trying to adversely impact my opponent.  Is it possible this other person is using ball effects at all?  

thank you for responding to this post.  i don't use thoes "special effects" but it put me to thinking about this situation.  Because of your reply...this has been cleared up.   Stay tuned for the cause.  keep calm golf on

• woogster
    174 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 6:43 AM

After reading the responses to our inquiries in the forums, a few of the Admins went out with this player to test a few things. Following is the tests we did and the results.

First of all we had the player set his WGT profile to the same as when it was causing the issue which was:

Browser: Google Chrome.

Ball used: Callaway ERC Soft Vapor Balls, Yellow (L55+)

We then set up a 3 person stroke play game, which we played 2 holes of and the meter was stuttering very bad, so we stopped that game.

Next we had him use the same browser and change his ball to the TaylorMade TP5 Balls (L92+).

We then set up another game and played 2 holes, and the meter was just fine. So we stopped that game.

Next we had him change his browser to Maxthon with the Callaway ERC Soft Vapor Balls, Yellow (L55+). Played another 2 holes like that and the meter was bad.

Next we had him use Maxthon with the TaylorMade TP5 Balls (L92+). Plaed another 2 holes and the meter was fine.

So the conclusion of this is it was the Callaway ERC Soft Vapor Balls, Yellow (L55+) that was causing the problem.

After we did this the player has changed the ball he is playing and hasn't had any complaints in the past 2 days.

• cussinjack
    89 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 8:55 AM

cussinjack:

el3n1:

hmmm?  Sounds odd... having said that...

I do believe there was a time when using "ball effects" by one player would impact the other players... it was so bad that it could hinder my ability to type in chat, the meter would be erratic and the such.  

I do not know if the issue was ever fully resolved, but I refused to ever use them so as to not appear to be trying to adversely impact my opponent.  Is it possible this other person is using ball effects at all?  

thank you for responding to this post.  i don't use thoes "special effects" but it put me to thinking about this situation.  Because of your reply...this has been cleared up.   Stay tuned for the cause.  keep calm golf on

I found out that the Callaway level 55+ yellow ball i was using was causing all sorts of grief for me and most of the people i was playing.  there is s glitch with the yellow balls. white ones seem to work just fine,  tyvm   keep calm golf on     cuss

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 10:57 AM

good work and thanks for sharing this with us in the community!

• cussinjack
    89 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2020 8:27 AM

I'm having trouble with the level 55+ Callaway yellow balls.  Is there anyone else having problems with them? WGT Customer Service is fluffing me off and saying that they are working properly, when their not. ANY THOUGHTS ANYONE

• PAGES
RSS