Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gripes

Fri, Feb 21 2020 9:07 AM (9 replies)
  • 1Dogbreath
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 8:30 AM

They lull you into trusting on the putting strength meter to be appropriate for the next shot, then diabolically move it to 150 feet for a short putt.  Why "mess with" us that way?

It seems too many approach shots unnaturally roll off the back of the green, sometimes even uphill.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 11:39 AM

• RonB1764
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 2:42 PM

Don,

That only happens when you are on the fringe of the green. I guess it is entended to warn you that you are there. The only other warning is on the shot that got you there and that goes away when you "continue". It isn't arbitrary.... it IS intentional but appears to be there as a reminder that you are on the fringe of the green.

Ron

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 6:51 PM

Your clubs and balls have virtually no spin. Better clubs and balls with more spin will help keep it on the green. If you don’t want to spend to get better gear play shorter and let the lack of spin work for you rather than against you. 

• 1Dogbreath
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 7:18 AM

Thanks.  I upgraded clubs, but have not been diligent in buying more balls when they reach their max hits.

• GaryBarc
    216 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2020 5:22 AM

This is just one of many but how is it that WGT thinks it knowns better than Isaac Newton? By that I mean WGT defies gravity when balls run uphill faster than down. Best example being #6 at Pebble. Should be an easy fix but it's been this way since Pebble became available. Just asking...

• GordoDE54
    1 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2020 1:31 PM

Seems the designers don't like consistency.  They arbitrarily give you the 150 meter. They make sure the wind is in your face on all holes and for some reason when you agree to a pass... your shots that are routine suddenly get missed by lipping out.  In the real game I have never lipped out as much as this game.  Its to the point now where I let them screw with me twice and then I bail out.  This game is really enjoyable when played fairly.  But when the designers start mucking with it there is no better answer then to call ***.  Ever notice when you have 135 yard to the flag and you have to carry a bunker.  Would not matter if you set the shot for 200 yards it automatically goes in the bunker. 

• mygolfer010
    20 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2020 2:23 AM

Wgt most  definitely has its own  laws of physics!

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2020 7:18 PM

GaryBarc:

This is just one of many but how is it that WGT thinks it knowns better than Isaac Newton? By that I mean WGT defies gravity when balls run uphill faster than down. Best example being #6 at Pebble. Should be an easy fix but it's been this way since Pebble became available. Just asking...

They’re not wrong though. Most of the time at #6 you’re coming in with a long iron. Low trajectory plus severe upslope = lots of rollouts.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 9:07 AM

From my experience, the caddie chooses the putting meter by the distance with no regard to the elevation.

A good example would be the distance is 10.1 ft. The elevation is a drop 4.2” with a .12 green speed. The caddie selects the 20’ meter strength on my Max putter instead of the 10’ meter because the distance is over 10’.

RSS