Re: Testing the putting grid

Fri, Jan 31 2020 12:21 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 4:53 PM

Thought I'd share this.

A method of comparison.

Both DEA and gameclient can be logged into at the same time. 

In DEA I choose 1024 x 768. In gameclient, I stretch the window to 1024 wide. (I have a program that makes this easy to do, but anyone can get close by just carefully dragging the windows above and below each other. A pixel or two won't matter.) The aspect ratio of the two is slightly different, so the heights will be off by a bit, but getting the width the same or close is what's important. 

I open up both and head for the medium putting green. I choose my spot by clicking on the top of the flagstick. This gets me to exactly (or real close) to the same position in both windows. There's some window overlap (monitor is 1920 x 1080) but the important middle part of both is visible. 

Compare the dot movement, grid by grid. 

When WGT gets them at least close to each other, game on.

I had a screenshot of the method above, but in this small format, it was pretty useless. 

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 2:43 PM

JimbeauC:

Thought I'd share this.

A method of comparison.

Both DEA and gameclient can be logged into at the same time. 

In DEA I choose 1024 x 768. In gameclient, I stretch the window to 1024 wide. (I have a program that makes this easy to do, but anyone can get close by just carefully dragging the windows above and below each other. A pixel or two won't matter.) The aspect ratio of the two is slightly different, so the heights will be off by a bit, but getting the width the same or close is what's important. 

I open up both and head for the medium putting green. I choose my spot by clicking on the top of the flagstick. This gets me to exactly (or real close) to the same position in both windows. There's some window overlap (monitor is 1920 x 1080) but the important middle part of both is visible. 

Compare the dot movement, grid by grid. 

When WGT gets them at least close to each other, game on.

I had a screenshot of the method above, but in this small format, it was pretty useless. 

Very good test and assessment "JimbeauC".

All we need now is an written summation of your findings. Yes an picture is worth an thousand words, however, in this particular situation and case, (case no: 24_Jan_2020_A_method_of_comparison) the picture would have only been an snapshot of two different single occurrences in time rendering any words nil in regards to its creation or existence or purpose.

Could you please describe without argument or consideration in favor of DEA over Gameclient, or Gameclient over DEA, while excluding reasons or arguments for or against one over the other and exclude advantages and disadvantages of both.....and simply describe exactly what you observed in both the DEA and Gameclient in regards to the "Dot Patterns" and "Dot Movements" without any comparisons or bias or impartial statistics or any extraneous factors or conflicting variables that selectively influence the observations of both the DEA "Dot Movements" and the Gameclient "Dot Movements" thus leaving the summation free of any preconceived opinions?

Whew.....almost ran out of breath,

Thanks and God Bless,

-Dneirf

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 4:19 AM

jeeez!

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 8:46 AM

Dneirf:
    All we need now is an written summation of your findings.

DEA dots move more slowly. Pretty much what everyone has been saying all along. I just came up with a way to verify it. When they update again, I'll check again. 

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 5:49 AM
    i have always used jc sneed method of putting......i have always counted 6 secs full grid as 100% break on flash version........the testing i have done on the early releash version seems to come out the same......6 secs 100 % break......just my version of the greens but other players may see it differently......interested to hear other players evaluation....
  • Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 1:40 PM

JimbeauC:

Dneirf:
    All we need now is an written summation of your findings.

DEA dots move more slowly. Pretty much what everyone has been saying all along. I just came up with a way to verify it. When they update again, I'll check again. 

Thanks for the Summation.

However, the summation is prejudice in favor of or against the Flash Version when expressing that the "DEA dots move more slowly", thus the summation remains an argument of advantage or disadvantage, furthermore, the summation also includes your preconceived opinions of others preconceived opinions formed in theory or conjecture by you about this subject without firm evidence when expressing "Pretty much what everyone has been saying all along" in regards to the Dot Movements and is therefor reciting hearsay evidence.

Also, the ability to open more than one Window at the same time in Windows for multitasking has been around since the birth of Windows.....So where is the innovation here in expressing "I just came up with a way to verify it" as some sort of ingenious discovery?

Again, Thanks for the Summation, and God Bless,

-Dneirf

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 12:36 AM

You are not qualified to give putting advice or any other narrative ramblings come to think of it!

God bless

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 11:51 PM

The one and only putting advice Dneirf will ever give to any one player at any given time in all of existence for eternity is to keep your Credit Card active with periodic purchases of WGT Credits and WGT Coins and that is the best putting advice that exists here at World Golf Tour.

Your Welcome and God Bless,

-Dneirf

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 4:11 PM

JimbeauC:

Glad you were able to verify, JimbeauC.  

Many PC players have been asking for the putting dots in DEA to be speeded up, to match the dot movements they see today in the Flash version.  But some Mobile players do not want this, because they are already used to the way the dots move.  I think a good solution would be for WGT to provide a setting for this, i.e. Putting Dot Speed (Slow / Fast).  Slow would match what Mobile users are used to seeing, and Fast would match what PC players are used to seeing in the Flash version.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 5:10 PM

• PAGES
RSS