Help › Forums

Re: HERE IS MY ASSESSMENT OF THE WGT DESKTOP EARLY ACCESS

Fri, Jan 31 2020 9:55 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2020 7:10 PM

HERE IS MY ASSESSMENT OF THE WGT DESKTOP EARLY ACCESS

Downloaded and installed the World Golf Tour Early Access software for the personal computer. The following is my assessment of the program.

For those of us whose roots of the game are from the Flash Era, expect an above average learning curve in regards to navigating the interface.

The lack of tool tips only compounds the learning curve, one is left with an "click and learn" interface, so be careful, as this new interface is all about Credits and Coins.

Aside from the learning curve, this new interface, the non-flash early access interface, is very interesting and well laid out.

Some of the bells and whistles found in the Flash interface are not present here in the non-flash interface, however, my assessment is both good and bad in regards to this.

GOOD = there is less clutter on the playing screen, BAD = there are some situations, such as equipping the stand bag was easier in the Flash version due to the horizontal view of the equipment rather than the somewhat confusing vertical view found in the non-flash version.

The video quality in the non-flash version is not superior as the Flash version, however, all of the details in the scenery, clubs, balls, etc. are there. Over time one will not even notice the lesser quality and will enjoy the full screen found in the non-flash version of this game.

The only aspect of the non-flash version that spoils the true essence of being on and playing on an real golf course is the Avatar. Aside from the non-realistic Avatar found in the non-flash version, everything found in the Flash version is also present here in the non-flash version, and of equal quality.

The Swing Meter in the non-flash version is smooth, an lot smoother than the Flash version, with far fewer "skips" or "irregularities".

The game Settings are an lot easier to manage in the non-flash version and are preserved even after logging out of the interface.

The tactical aspects of this non-flash video game, such as its plot and the way it is played, as distinct from the graphics and sound effects, is equal to, if not better than, the Flash version.

Gameplay in the non-flash version is not as fluid as the Flash version, however, over time, like the video quality mentioned above, one will not notice the slightly uneven flow.

Above all, and most importantly, Drives, Iron Shots, Wedge Shots, and Putts in the non-flash version, execute and react without discrepancy when compared to the Flash version. In fact, Dneirf can putt better in the non-flash version.

Well done World Golf Tour programmers, we are all looking forward to even an more refined non-flash version of World Golf Tour in the near and forthcoming reincarnation of the best on-line golf game on planet Earth.

God Bless,

-Dneirf

• happymt
    869 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 9:47 AM

I would say the meter is real smooth but it doesn't need to be 10 miles long and ding line is the size of a hair

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 12:00 PM

happymt:

I would say the meter is real smooth but it doesn't need to be 10 miles long and ding line is the size of a hair

The Swing Meter length in the non-flash version is exactly the same length as the Flash version, only the height has changed, and I like the taller meter, makes it easier to read, and yes, the Ding Line should be bolder than it currently is.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 9:14 AM

happymt:

No, the ding line is purposely small, as it should be hard to produce a perfect swing without perfect timing. 

• happymt
    869 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 4:19 AM

Dneirf:

happymt:

The Swing Meter length in the non-flash version is exactly the same length as the Flash version, only the height has changed, and I like the taller meter, makes it easier to read, and yes, the Ding Line should be bolder than it currently is.

• happymt
    869 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 4:20 AM

as you can see it's not the same size

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 4:36 AM

happymt:

as you can see it's not the same size

I reduced the size of the screen. The meter is fine for me

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 5:36 AM

happymt:

Dneirf:

happymt:

Of course the length is longer in your compound graphic, because within the non-flash version you are using an higher resolution, however, when using the Default Resolution of 1024x768 in the non-flash version the Swing Meter length is EXACTLY the same length as the Flash version, only the height has changed in the non-flash version!

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 6:02 AM

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 8:02 AM

In my opinion the Unity game meter is a good chunk longer than the flash version.

As I am able to tweak the Unity game window to any size, I thought I would have a go at a side by side (top by bottom?) comparison.

The top picture shows the unity and flash windows displaying exactly the same size background, and the bottom picture shows the unity and flash windows squished together to bring the meters up closer. I have also brightened up the meter area in the bottom picture to make it easier to see.

(click images to view full size)

• PAGES
RSS