Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Callaway Balls and meter stutter

Thu, Apr 16 2020 7:24 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 2:54 AM

I had the same problem until I bought a new video card for my custom built PC that was sitting idle because the video card that I bought when I had the PC built didn't work well at all and kept crashing.

The custom built PC has 8 gig of ram and a Nvidia card with 4 gig of ram. My basic Acer PC only had 4 gig of ram that was shared with an integrated intel video card. On the custom built PC the Yellow Callaway balls work as well as the white ones. So if you can add more ram to your PC the Yellow Callaways should work well for you too.

The Yellow Callaways have always worked well on mobile and the new Desk top version.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 4:06 AM

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 6:58 AM

borntobesting:
    if you can add more ram to your PC the Yellow Callaways should work well for you too.

My gaming laptop has 16 GB of RAM and a dedicated Nvidia GTX 1060 video card with 3 GB of RAM.  That's plenty of horsepower to run a browser-based Flash game.  

Like I said, the White Callaways (and all other balls I've used) work fine.  Only the Yellow Callaways do not.  The fix to the Yellow Callaways needs to be made to WGT's programming / rendering in Flash, not on our end.  

• DigitalDeath
    23 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 3:27 PM

ok here's my problem with the yellow erc soft balls. even if i don't have them but another players does in my round, not just my meter but the whole game stutters. the ball spins the whole time it's on screen, even when it's my shot, the yellow ball spin. at first i thought maybe i had dust in my vid. card causing it to overheat, but i checked and it was fine, blew it out anyways along with everything else inside, still stutters. didn't seem to notice it was the yellow balls until i did some checking everytime it started to stutter and sure enough, a player was using the yellow erc soft balls.
    i'm running:
    x64-bit windows 10 pro
    intel i7-4790 @3.60GHz cpu
    16GB ram

i never have lag issues except with those balls.
    DigitalDeath

• DigitalDeath
    23 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2020 11:54 AM

i think WGT should remove them from the pro shop, since they seem to be an issue.

• cussinjack
    89 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2020 9:47 AM

top golf has known about these balls for awhile,and still will not acknowledge a problem with them.  

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2020 10:12 AM

Agreed.  Or else put a disclaimer in big, bold, red letters saying that they cause meter issues in Flash.

• jacknpoppy
    5 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 7:24 AM

Glad to see this here. Yellow Callaway Soft Vapour (L55+) in my bag have all stuttered frustratingly. 

Even more frustrating is I rotate ball brands each round and the others work fine. 

Going to ask for a refund

• PAGES
RSS