Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Difference between the Flash version and the new version

Fri, Oct 2 2020 8:04 AM (37 replies)
  • Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 7:16 PM

MarchieB:

Dneirf ... I’m done ... there’s no point! ...
    You believe whatever you wish to believe.
    Good luck with that!

!

You sure are different "MarchieB" and that more than qualifies you for Wackadoodle Country Club membership!

When you are ready simply send Country Club Membership Request and membership will be instantly granted to you as Director of Wackadoolde.....no questions asked.....hope to see ya soon!

God Bless, -Dneirf

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 8:09 PM

LOL 🤣 Dneirf, I’ve sent you a friend request to discuss this off the forum. 
    Technically we are BOTH correct! 😀 

Ive sent you a private message.

• Juliagrace
    4 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 3:47 PM

A lot of good feedback on here, but essentially, the easiest way to describe it is this:

It is LITERALLY the mobile version played with a mouse....period.

I only play mobile, and granted I do not have much time in. But, I tried the flash version out and while I found some of the features much easier to use and much more intuitive (especially aiming, and the camera views), I actually found myself doing much better on the new PC version since it is what I am used to.

If you are a mobile player, it will feel no different than playing on an Ipad but you will hit more dings because you can use a mouse now. If you are a flash player, I can see how its going to be a big learning curve.

I hope they add some of the Flash features to this. Namely, the way that you can aim on flash, the better camera angles, the yardages that show various locations of hazards, front of green, back of green, etc. They also need to have the proshop organized like the flash version, and they really should let you lock and unlock the green. I figure that we didnt have these features on mobile due to limitations with the platform, but theres no reason this new PC version cant be the best of both. Smoother meter bar, better graphics, BUT have all the cool *** that the flash players are used to that mobile players didnt even know existed. 

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 10:37 AM

I disagree about one point. The one thing that PCEA can definitely live without is the various yardages around the green of Flash. We already have a beeline number from ball to flag; it’s up to players to figure out the rest. Those yardages were too much help. 

OTOH, what mobile and PCEA definitely need is more camera views. There are too many holes in mobile that only gives you a single forward view; nowhere near enough when playing in heavy winds (Kiawah #4 and STA #18 are just a couple examples).  

• JDGHOST
    6,774 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 12:41 PM

Dneirf:

MarchieB, When playing WGT Tournament events, such as the two depicted in your Quote above, I am reaping ALL of the Avatar Apparel Abilities provided by all five of the Apparels, Hat, Shirt, Pants, Glove, and Shoes.

For example, the Hat, the Shirt, the Pants, and the Glove, individually provide +1% XP each, that is an total of +4% XP and Dneirf is gaining more than 500 XP per round using Avatar Apparel Abilities alone.

When I start the WGT Tournament events, yes, the "shield with t-shirt crossed out" is indeed there and enabled, however, it most certainly DOES NOT represent "No Apparel" as I am reaping all of the Avatar Apparel Abilities!

The "shield with t-shirt crossed out" I believe represents that the Player does not yet have the ability to "Set Bonus" with Avatar Apparel Abilities.

To "Set Bonus" all five Apparels: Hat, Shirt, Pants, Shoes, and Glove, MUST ALL be of the SAME MAKE AND RARITY and ALL MEET THE MINIMUM LEVEL REQUIREMENTS.

My Apparel is all MAX but not all the same Rarity. Instead, it is an mixture of MAX Rare, MAX Common, and MAX Epic, therefore I can not "Set Bonus" but still reap the Apparel Abilities in ALL events.

The "Set Bonus" has something to do with gaining an 20% to 40% chance of reaping one hour of XP Boost if the Player wins the round or event.

And finally, putting has improved because my shoes provide more putting forgiveness, I can work the Basic Virtual Golf Ball better with my Irons because my Glove provides an slower Meter for the Irons along with more ability to hit the "Sweat Spot" of the 3 Wood, while at the same time the Shirt provides more 3 Wood Distance while the Hat and Pants are providing more Rough and Sand Surface Power.....whew, what an round!

God Bless, -Dneirf

Everything stated above represents exactly what is WRONG with the PCEA & Mobile versions!!

I'm pretty sure a different pair of shoes would not have helped "Tiger" make a dam put last week??

And Henrik Stenson has always been known for his 3wood play....I wonder if its his "Magical Fairy Glove & shirt combo" that has been his secret all along??

And if your saying that that you are "Retaining" your ridiculous  "Clothing Boost abilities" During WGT and CC tourneys (which I find hard to believe WGT would allow that)  Well that's just a terrible oversight and hopefully will be corrected down the road....

The abilities should not even exist in the first place... It's Not real golf....But if they have to... they should ONLY be active or available for meaningless coin games and single play rounds or practice that's it....Nothing that would be considered competitive golf (tournaments) or anything that involves money...

JD

* BTW.... I did not post this to side with anyone  It is just MY opinion .......

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 1:52 PM

JDGHOST, any tournament that involves credits is apparel-disabled. As a matter of fact, apparel golf belongs to a separate section of WGT; any player being put off about this need not concern themselves in the first place. 

• JDGHOST
    6,774 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 2:28 PM

Dneirf:
    When I start the WGT Tournament events, yes, the "shield with t-shirt crossed out" is indeed there and enabled, however, it most certainly DOES NOT represent "No Apparel" as I am reaping all of the Avatar Apparel Abilities!

Well I was going of this quote....

Also just found out from one of my club members that the below issue has always been a Mobile (and subsequently now a PCEA) issue......

There are a few courses that DO NOT work for a mobile player......Here are the courses that do work for CTTH mobile players:

Edgewood Tahoe

Harbour Town Golf Link

Lanai Callenge Manele

Lanai Experience Kielce

Pinehurst #8

Valhalla

Celtic Manor

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2020 8:04 AM

"Hint: +2".

Do you mean to add 2 feet to our normal distance?

RSS