Help › Forums

Re: What clubs should I consider?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 29 2020 5:21 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ChasenHomes
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 8:37 AM

Looking to upgrade clubs... should I wait till I’m on the 90’s or go ahead with irons, 3wd, and get rid of hybrid for 3 wedges? 

also when upgrading irons with higher meter should I consider changing gloves to slower iron meter over gloves with iron distance?  

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 5:42 AM

ChasenHomes:

Looking to upgrade clubs... should I wait till I’m on the 90’s or go ahead with irons, 3wd, and get rid of hybrid for 3 wedges? 

also when upgrading irons with higher meter should I consider changing gloves to slower iron meter over gloves with iron distance?  

For wedges, I would get the Titleist Vokey (56, 60, and 64 degree). You need to level up one more level for 64 degree). 

For irons, since you've waited this long, I would wait until Level 85 for the Callaway Apex 19. I'm guessing it will probably take a month or so for you to get to that level.

At your tier, you really don't need a 3-wood. I'd wait on that until you get to Legend tier. The Callaway Epic at Level 86 looks like a nice club. Has good yardage and is a high trajectory. I'm guessing you'll probably get to Legend tier and Level 86 around the same time.

I would get a new putter now. The Level 70 Scotty Cameron is one of the best in the Pro Shop. It will serve you very well all the way to Level 98. (And even then, there's no really compelling reason to switch from it then.)

Even though I'm a mobile player, I don't know anything about the apparel stuff. I've never used it, so it's all still a mystery to me.

I hope this helps. Others might have some different thoughts.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 7:18 AM

ChasenHomes:

If you go with the Apex Irons Level 85,  you can use apparel for distance since meter speed is 4.4, they are great too

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 12:03 PM

ChasenHomes: One factor you should note is that you are now needing far more experience points to move up each level. By not playing every day you miss out on the consecutive day bonus that builds to 880 points plus 3 additional points for each day. It takes about a week of playing every day to get to the 880 bonus number.

If you were to play a ctth round of even just one hole every day, in a month's time you would get at least 1000 experience points for your first daily play.  This bonus, once you get to 880 +, will start to cut  a week  off the time it takes you to change levels.

Here is part of a chart that that shows the xp's needed for the next 5 levels from where you are at 79.  At your current rate, by not playing every day, you will most likely not reach level 85 until early May or later. By playing  every day you might be able to reach 85 in April.

079 199,515 9,700 1,500
    080 209,715 10,200 500
    081 222,415 12,700 2,500
    082 237,615 15,200 "
    083 255,315 17,700 "
    084 275,515 20,200 "
    The full chart can be found here:

Reference Table Level 1 to infinity (201) vs. XPs

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 12:11 PM

@HackWilson1930

It's possible that he's already playing everyday. If he's playing coin rounds or practice rounds, neither of those will show up under score history. For example, his last round under score history is 1/13. But if you go to his CC and look at his last round played there, it lists last round as 1/17.

Similar for me. While I have a streak of over 900 days, it wouldn't appear to be that I play every day, if one just looked at my score history. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 2:21 PM

Good point.

• ChasenHomes
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 7:39 AM

I’m also a mobile player. Should I wait on wedges for higher levels or the stats don’t change as much? 

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 10:59 AM

ChasenHomes:

I’m also a mobile player. Should I wait on wedges for higher levels or the stats don’t change as much? 

You can't go wrong with these

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 12:11 PM

dhjam1:

You can't go wrong with these

+1

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 12:28 PM

It appears you are clearly mobile... and already begun some upgrades...

It can be challenging to navigate without extensive research sometimes because you can end up going through multiple upgrades as you progress.  The key then becomes to try and upgrade as few times as possible.

I used coin rental gear until I reached clubs in the mid to upper 50's.... you are well beyond that... the rental gear in conjunction with sponsor apparel that boost iron distance can actually offer some decent clubs if you have coins to spare because many consider coins worthless once they accummulate millions of them with little else to spend them on.  It is a good way to save credits for your bigger purchases.

The next set of clubs I began to eye was the L85 Callaway series... there are irons, 3wd, and driver all in that range and you are getting within range of those clubs.  They are also easily playable from the back tees ... look at the scores being shot in the etour event which is a SOTW based event with the irons in particular in play.  

You could then never upgrade your clubs again depending on your interest and competitive drive, but many often look at further upgrades.  The challenge is ... the further you progress the longer it takes to ascend the levels because more XP are required for each level.  However L85 is not all that far when considering how far you have already come.  

Any high end wedges are suitable to round out your bag, it comes down to your personal preference.  Some like the 100 80 60 gap whereas others are fine with the 100 75 50 gap... again personal preference.  

If you are enjoying the game at the moment and have time to build up your credits... you can also consider that WGT usually offers a free club rental weekend around the Masters Golf Tournament and you could test a variety of clubs to see what you like best.  In the meantime--- earn as many XP as you can to unlock as many levels as possible, while also potentially grinding out 2 credit videos to build your credit bankroll... so you will be ready for your purchases.  

Best of luck!

• PAGES
RSS