Tue, Jan 14 2020 12:16 PM (7 replies)
  • wtfnext
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:26 PM

Would be nice to  trade in unused balls for the newer/better balls 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 7:50 AM

Wouldn't that be a sweet deal, both on here and IRL.

Hey WGT, hey Golftown I've got these cheap crappy balls here that I haven't used...how's about I give you those, and you give me some new Pro V's?  

Sounds great!!  sign me up!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 8:15 AM

Lol, I have at least a 100 balls in my bag

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 9:00 AM

kavvz:
    hey Golftown I've got these cheap crappy balls here that I haven't used...how's about I give you those, and you give me some new Pro V's? 

Maybe he meant something more along the lines of where you receive a gift or a promotion for a ball, you don't use, and would like to substitute it for a ball you would use.

Take the L75 Bridgestone that was offered in one of the promotions, its valued at 925 credits.  Yes, you can use it on rounds you don't care about, but it feels like a waste if you don't have notes or have it mapped to play the ball competitively.

So you have to waste hits on a ball to get some general notes on it, or you just use it for clashes or hack rounds, where you don't care what you score.  It feels like a waste of a good ball.  

Why not allow players to exchange it for a ball of equal or less value for a ball they would feel better about actually using.  

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 9:35 AM

Maybe.

What might make more sense is to just allow someone to pick their ball for those promotions rather than getting w/e they're offering and exchanging it. 

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 10:15 AM

I have a suggestion. I think WGT should give it some considerations, as this is one issue that a lot of players have been advocating for. 

Basically, any premium ball that’s listed in the pro shop can have its meter and spin numbers adjusted (excluding WGT and sponsors balls). The maximum number of adjustments is 2. Each adjustment is worth 0.5 point. You can adjust whatever you feel like. Say I have the lv48 TM TP5X with meter of 3 and spin of 3.5. I can make the meter 3.5 and spin 4, or meter 4, or even reduce meter to 2, or whatever. Here’s what I think will make it worthwhile. Each adjustment will cost you, say 20-30 extra credits, hell maybe even 50. 

To expound this further, distance and durability may also be included. Durability of course can only go from 2 to 2.5 of course.  

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 11:22 AM

I have many balls from promotions, gifted etc. that will take me forever to use. Many have a higher rating than the balls I use, and cost way more.

I rarely use them because my notes, caddy book and so on are based upon the ball I've used for years, and I really don't want to make adjustments to match a different ball. 

Once I requested a trade for the ball I use with the other I rarely would and actually got a pretty fair deal ( I forget, but I got an extra sleeve of the ball I use to make up the difference )...If players could be able to make such trades and have them be fair, is not a bad idea at all. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 12:16 PM

Grandelf:

I have many balls from promotions, gifted etc. that will take me forever to use. Many have a higher rating than the balls I use, and cost way more.

I rarely use them because my notes, caddy book and so on are based upon the ball I've used for years, and I really don't want to make adjustments to match a different ball. 

Thats very true.

My clubs are mapped also and using one of those balls would mess me up

RSS