Forums

Help › Forums

Re: *LIVE THIS WEEK* European eTour: Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship event!

Wed, Jan 22 2020 3:11 PM (49 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 12:14 PM

JSmithers:
    I agree. But wgt does not.  This is how they operate the timeouts.  I hated winning like that

JSmithers, I just wanted to make sure you understand that I wasn’t commenting or implying that anything that happened during your match today in the eTour event wasn’t fair or on the up and up. I wasn’t trying to say that you had done anything unsportsmanlike or won unfairly in any way.  
    What happened with Luke’s DQ was unfortunate but within the agreed upon rules but was definitely clouded in a bit of confusion. 

With the recent addition of Match Play to the PCEA and the ability to set the number of timeouts available in each match, my intention was merely to highlight the fact that the wording is not very clear, obviously creates some confusion and suggest that it be re worded to prevent the same thing from happening again. 

• BuffaloBilly6734
    207 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 11:17 PM
    Great show by all involved and congrats to the winner, I thought the commentators did a great job, it cant be easy having to talk for 8-9 hours withought a break, On the next one though i hope they get a director that actually knows the game i mean on the last tee why cut away to something else it was happening throughout all the games it got a bit frustrating in the end, if possible i would have a 30-45 second clock for the drives and approach shots and a 90 second clock for the putting, i think if it wasnt so rushed there might have been more longer putts made Drives for show putting for dough :) just my 2c
  • JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2020 12:30 PM

BuffaloBilly6734:
    Great show by all involved and congrats to the winner, I thought the commentators did a great job, it cant be easy having to talk for 8-9 hours withought a break, On the next one though i hope they get a director that actually knows the game i mean on the last tee why cut away to something else it was happening throughout all the games it got a bit frustrating in the end, if possible i would have a 30-45 second clock for the drives and approach shots and a 90 second clock for the putting, i think if it wasnt so rushed there might have been more longer putts made Drives for show putting for dough :) just my 2c

You cant have different shot clocks.  Its one agreed upon clock.  Or in this case we were told 45 seconds is what we get

• MFuston
    439 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2020 3:34 PM

Congrats to Peyton (golfx3) for winning this event.  Well played!

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2020 7:58 PM

The 5 extensions should be plenty in a 9 hole round.  Only issue was a DQ coming when the system said there was 1 left.  I can see how that was very misleading.  One of those tweaks that needs to be made for the next event. 

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2020 1:01 PM

Has anyone asked why the x2 Sets of the Week for the x2 eTour tourneys so far DON'T have 3 wedges?

Before anyone comments I KNOW Callaway don't have a 64deg in this game (re; the Made in Denmark set).

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2020 2:05 PM

Ask and then let everyone know the answer!

Added the hybrid possibly due to the irons used, the 3 iron is only rated at 220.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2020 2:23 PM

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2020 2:58 PM

DampandDusty:

Has anyone asked why the x2 Sets of the Week for the x2 eTour tourneys so far DON'T have 3 wedges?

Before anyone comments I KNOW Callaway don't have a 64deg in this game (re; the Made in Denmark set).

I would guess they go with more of a traditional set up.

I think it kind of adds to the fun and the challenge. I personally struggle to recover from bad shots without a 64 degree so I can't take as many risks. It makes me focus on the basics of fairways and greens. It also makes you have to be a little more creative. It may even cause some to lay up for a full wedge as opposed to hitting it as close as you can and then using the punch chart to stick the pin.

...my 2 cents worth... for free  ;-)

Brett

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2020 3:11 PM
    2 quality wedges is a gift considering some SOTW tournaments ( not etour so far? ) have zero wedges in them... wouldn't that be interesting...
RSS