Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Finding a Game/Matchmaking

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 17 2020 4:26 PM (7 replies)
  • Squintz123
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 4:31 PM

Is there another way to reliably search for games?

Currently, I mouse-over multiplayer, Choose join game.  Then I choose what I'm looking for (Ranked, any 9) and then search.  Usually this is fine, but recently it seems like there may be an increase of trolls that sit with a game waiting and just boot everyone that comes in.  Its frustrating because I can't just choose to not join their game and play with other people.

Is there a lobby or something with a list of games looking for players like other online games? Or is matchmaking the only way to really play multiplayer?

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 1:55 PM

If you keep ending up in the same game lobby, how about flushing your DNS cache.

You first need to open a command prompt window as an administrator. To do this, type cmd into your start menu's or Cortana's search box, then right click on any cmd.exe result and select Run as administrator.

Then type this into the command prompt window...

ipconfig /flushdns

...then hit enter.

Close the command prompt window then try to connect to a game again.

• PETERGEORGE1
    572 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 8:57 AM

Cheers Scott - that is really helpful.

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 9:51 AM

Thank you Peter.  ; )

• Squintz123
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 7:50 PM

Hey Scott, thanks for the reply.

Can you elaborate on how flushing my local DNS has anything to do with matchmaking on a technical side other than the time running that command might coincidentally help me find a new game?

Just looking for info on how WGT's logic would suddenly choose a new game for me to match up to based on my local PC's cache, even though its going through a completely separate sub-IP address from my router.

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 9:48 AM

Squintz123:
    ...but recently it seems like there may be an increase of trolls that sit with a game waiting and just boot everyone that comes in.  Its frustrating because I can't just choose to not join their game and play with other people.

The impression that I got from this was that you were trying to join a game and were constantly going back into the same game, this does happen to me and is very frustrating. It's almost like there is only one game going on and there's nothing else available to join and I thought flushing the DNS cache might help with that. Perhaps I misinterpreted what you meant, sorry if that's the case.

• Squintz123
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 4:26 PM

Thanks for trying to help :)

• noimprovedlies
    28 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 9:21 PM

It may be your reputation according to your stats and actual play. Remember, there are individuals who take this alleged game very seriously and when something seems amiss regarding their beginning join date, level and the quality of their play they are subject to suspicion when these factors don't align. I would venture a guess you are being disallowed or blocked from playing for these reasons.

RSS