Hi everyone. There's a new update for WGT Desktop Early Access today!
Match Play is here!
The update today adds the Match Play game mode. Currently it only has Scored and Practice settings with Challenge mode coming at a later date (we're hoping before the end of the month).
There are a couple known issues:
- Accepting a Match Play invite from Equipment Editing or Apparel Editing screens can cause the header from those screens to remain while in-game. This can be cleared by using the options in-game that use their own headers and then backing out (options, profiles, etc.)
- Playing against a Flash user only works if the host player is on Flash. If a Desktop Host player invites a flash player they will receive the "cross platform" error.
- When accepting a Match Play invite within the PC Early Access client, logout of the Flash/Website or you may be auto declined or removed from the lobby with an error message.
- Currently apparel bonuses still work in Match Play, however the on-screen indicators of the bonuses do not show. Ex. If you have extra driver distance your meter will only show the distance of the club before apparel bonuses. This is due to both server and client needing an update to fully remove apparel bonuses from the mode. So with our next downtime (scheduled for Tuesday night) this issue will be fixed
- Unrelated to Match Play mode: Coin Game tiebreaker scores are overlapping the right-side photo on the winner splash screen.
One last note about apparel bonuses in match play. While we are removing them completely at this time, we will be adding a toggle in a future update to allow the host player to decide whether apparel bonuses are allowed or not. If the host is a Flash player apparel bonuses will be set to "off".