Help › Forums

Re: Need Friendly Matches with no Shot Clock

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 13 2020 9:40 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 12:25 PM

Been playing a lot lately with newer, lower tiered players.  While they can read all they want and watch videos and try things out, there is no substitute for playing side by side with someone and having them explain different things during the course of a round. That's how I learned the real game- someone more advanced/skilled than me, walked me around a course, picked my brain, educated me on what I did not know. 

Trying to explain yardage calculations, windage, course management, reading greens, etc etc,, all while trying to take a shot within a 45 second window is frustrating. No coins are changing hands, balls are still getting smacked up...

Why can't there be an option between players who are friended, to be able to play a H2H 3 hole or 9 hole match with no shot clock? Better yet, what if they are friended within a club? It's a team building exercise. 

• BlindHen
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2020 3:18 PM

That would be great. 

A few hours ago i didn't know WGT is also a browser pc game. Thought its just an mobile app and so i played and tried to figure out how. I haven't watched any videos and didn't know this forum exists to get some input. Sooo...just learning by playing AND some players who took the time to explain a few things in the short time window. Thx again :) Playing with a friend and talking about golf and other things i nearly impossible. That's sad.

I would be very happy if this option were available.

P.s. I'm looking for a country club with active members (and golf teachers ;)

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2020 10:18 AM

Friend request sent. 

I can give you some options.

Ark

I see you found a good club. Best of luck. 

• BlindHen
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 11:45 AM

Hi Ark,

thank you!

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 4:49 AM

When Ark says there are options he is most likely talking about voice chat using something like Discord or Telegram. By making friends with someone using a voice chat app you can forget about writing as you play or during a 19th hole discussion.

• BlindHen
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 12:30 PM

I understand. At my new CC they use discord.
    But i don't think a voice chat with me would be satisfying *lol*
    My reading, understanding and writing is much better than my speaking.
    But maybe i will improve my speaking here...who knows ;)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 3:42 PM

arkage57:

Been playing a lot lately with newer, lower tiered players.  While they can read all they want and watch videos and try things out, there is no substitute for playing side by side with someone and having them explain different things during the course of a round. That's how I learned the real game- someone more advanced/skilled than me, walked me around a course, picked my brain, educated me on what I did not know. 

Trying to explain yardage calculations, windage, course management, reading greens, etc etc,, all while trying to take a shot within a 45 second window is frustrating. No coins are changing hands, balls are still getting smacked up...

Why can't there be an option between players who are friended, to be able to play a H2H 3 hole or 9 hole match with no shot clock? Better yet, what if they are friended within a club? It's a team building exercise. 

You can setup a practice game. It has mulligans and you can set the timer to off.

The best you can do on the early access is a 90 second clock for an H2H, 3 Hole or 9 hole scored round

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 6:15 PM

BlindHen:

I understand. At my new CC they use discord.
    But i don't think a voice chat with me would be satisfying *lol*
    My reading, understanding and writing is much better than my speaking.
    But maybe i will improve my speaking here...who knows ;)

I can type fast. I can type a lot. I can fill the chat box faster than you can read it.  Problem is that with a 45 second window, it's too hard to do it properly and try to complete my shot. 

The "options" I was referring to, was to clubs that you might be interested in- ones with mobile players and ones that have members who would be willing to help out with someone trying to learn the game.  

You have some good, knowledgeable players in your club. MistressCosette has some very detailed information on her wall. You can't do much better than that for a guideline to follow. 

I like a lot of technical info, but then I also like to walk the course with someone else and discuss course management, strategies, thought processes, risk/reward.  Those kinds of things take time- more than can be done in 45 seconds. 

Be good. Best of luck

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2020 8:24 PM

arkage57:

Can any of the Moderators Please Respond!!!

I'm tired of getting timed out when trying to explain something to a teammate.

Shouldn't the play a friend option be stress free and  fun???

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2020 10:12 PM
    One option that is available on PC that does not appear to be on the mobile version is to be able to set a match or ALT with a specified number of timing-out allowances. I'm not sure of the maximum, but I think it goes up to at least 9. So, on PC you can play a friendly game at 90 second shot time - take more than 90 seconds 9 times - and still incur no penalty shot or forfeit. That would be one way for wgt to go with "Play Friends" feature --- let there be an option to (essentially) ignore the shot clock 9 times by chatting at least a minute and still get the shot in.
  • PAGES
RSS