Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CC Owner Passed Away and I want to take over

Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:52 PM (9 replies)
  • BigDaddyDuffer0
    101 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 1:25 PM

Hello. Our CC owner passed away this past year and there are no officers left to manage the club.  I am by far the most active member and I want to do things like Gift passes, allow the members to use Super Passes during the clashes, etc.  If WGT cannot transfer the ownership, is there a way I can do this as a member of the Club?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 3:06 PM

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 3:46 PM

Sorry Bigdaddy , WGT will not help you in the matter .

I have a friend that started a club recently and you might consider a merge with him , His name is gogolfgo0 ( Carl )   Good Luck

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 12:32 AM

My condolences!

BigDaddyDuffer0:
    I want to do things like Gift passes
    From the Pro Shop, ev1 can do so, but I strongly advise against it!

BigDaddyDuffer0:
    I want to [...] allow the members to use Super Passes during the clashes
    This is part of the owner tools, exclusively available to CC owners.

BigDaddyDuffer0:
    If WGT cannot transfer the ownership, is there a way I can do this as a member of the Club?
    Such transfer must invariably be initiated from the owner tools, by the owner.

Furthermore, you cannot control members coming in, nor delete members from the CC. These are the most crucial powers exclusive to the owner and un-delegatable.

As others said, the most reasonable move is to leave your CC for good. Join another, vivid, club, or to create a new one.

All the best!

• Billyonpar18
    422 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 12:57 AM

CEverett don't know if you know but noshots wayne passed away last week in fla I grew up with him great guy sadly gone to soon

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 8:55 AM

alosso:

My condolences!

BigDaddyDuffer0:
    I want to do things like Gift passes
    From the Pro Shop, ev1 can do so, but I strongly advise against it!

BigDaddyDuffer0:
    I want to [...] allow the members to use Super Passes during the clashes
    This is part of the owner tools, exclusively available to CC owners.

BigDaddyDuffer0:
    If WGT cannot transfer the ownership, is there a way I can do this as a member of the Club?
    Such transfer must invariably be initiated from the owner tools, by the owner.

Furthermore, you cannot control members coming in, nor delete members from the CC. These are the most crucial powers exclusive to the owner and un-delegatable.

As others said, the most reasonable move is to leave your CC for good. Join another, vivid, club, or to create a new one.

All the best!

+1 

Create your own club and transfer all the members with invites

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 9:37 AM

Billyonpar18:

CEverett don't know if you know but noshots wayne passed away last week in fla I grew up with him great guy sadly gone to soon

No sir I had no idea , Thank you

• wleiss
    6,250 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 9:41 AM

Oh no. Sorry to hear that. 

• Leggoman13
    8,251 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 8:59 PM

Billyonpar18:

He was just on during the Holidays.

Do you know what happened? It is so sudden. 

R.I.P. Wayne

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:52 PM

WGT will not transfer ownership without an affirmative post from the club owner to do so.

Your owner is dead; my condolences to his family and friends.  When my former owner went absent in a 150 person club, I tracked him down through his ex-wife and he still wouldn't send a notice.  We had to create a new club.

Keep posting in club forum to recruit them.  Some of your members will respond.  If you have email tool that owners have (which is doubtful) use it.  So a new club.

If that doesn't work, move on.

BD does have openings.

Tom.

RSS