Forums

Help › Forums

Re: the never ending problem of players with false averages...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 4 2020 9:28 PM (3 replies)
  • downthemiddle19
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:32 PM

does anyone know why WGT hasnt devised a fairer way to rate players to overcome the issue of players who do their best to hang on to a high average?   We all know performance is related to equipment levels, so why not have an equipment level index?...  or is WGT just not interested so  long as we spend money?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 2:03 PM

downthemiddle19:

does anyone know why WGT hasnt devised a fairer way to rate players to overcome the issue of players who do their best to hang on to a high average?   We all know performance is related to equipment levels, so why not have an equipment level index?...  or is WGT just not interested so  long as we spend money?

Not sure if I totally understand your question, but WGT does tier up mobile players based on level on the mobile platform - I believe up to the Legend tier.  They cannot continue to play a lot and stay in lower tiers forever just by having a high average.  There are some parameters other than average that get players tiered up on PC as well - but WGT does not define them.  I know I tiered up twice before I reached the stated averages, apparently from some tournament wins.

I know there are sandbaggers, but I don't worry about someone that is trying to keep a high average or has one due to their level of play.  I just play my game and they can play theirs.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 2:12 PM

downthemiddle19:

As a Level 95 Tour Pro with an average of 70, I don’t think you have a lot of room to complain. 

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 9:28 PM

downthemiddle19:
    does anyone know why WGT hasnt devised a fairer way to rate players to overcome the issue of players who do their best to hang on to a high average?
    They have - promotion for winners of matches and of credits exists.

Of course, it doesn't beat the multi-accounters :(

downthemiddle19:
    We all know performance is related to equipment levels, so why not have an equipment level index?
    They left the "equipment by tiers" lane almost 10 years ago, introducing the levels to the Pro Shop.

RSS