Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 2:07 PM

TSSparky72:

Plate Finals

Got a message to Fairway Fanatics (B) if they are fine with playing all 12 members we have on team in match against Cosa Nostra, should have an answer in next day or so.

Is it safe to assume the current matches will remain the same and the 3 remaining players from both teams will be matched up?

Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom, 

Plate Finals bud, I`m trying to save the organizers more trouble by stepping in here so as far as I`m concerned just go with the 12............

Now we know the contest cannot end 6-6 so how about Highest winning score takes the plate...?

Already been far too much drama in this Tournament so far so lets just keep the peace and I`ll take any heat that may come this way?

Please let everybody know of ANY live Twitch games and if possible give plenty of notice Tom, Still plenty of good people here who want to watch all games played live.

If the biggest win by either Team should be a 5 & 4 etc that`s the winner, If both Teams have the same win then the 2 winning players play off  same course and conditions to declare a winner.  

There are NO Ties , Every game is played to a win mate.

Chris

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 2:14 PM

QUICK UPDATE

HAVENT HEARD FROM TEAMS IN THE THIRD/FOURTH PLACE PLAYOFF EXCEPT NAVA A SO DONT THINK ITS HAPPENING.

TITANS V BANDITS AS I ASSUME ITS ONLY 9 PLAYERS NOW AS JAY CANNOT GET TWO MORE PLAYERS,

PLATE FINAL DONT KNOW WHATS HAPPENING THERE EITHER.

AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED ITS THE FIRST 9 PLAYERS COMPETING,ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST FOR FUN.

LETS GET THESE MATCHES PLAYED AND FINISH THIS COMP PLEASE

FINNY

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 4:23 PM

Myself and Tom has talked about our Final Finny and we just going with the original 9 aswell and 1st game has just been played and what a game it was.

Yankeejim beat Dudleydivot on the 3rd hole of Extra time to squeek a win.

Great start to the Plate final.

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 5:40 PM

RULES ARE RULES!!!

its 9 v 9 or null + void.

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 1:44 AM

Hi everyone,

Something was suggested so no one on a team would have to sit out the finals. Both teams would have to agree and because of not enough bodies it couldn't happen, no harm, no foul.

Rules are Rules is a true statement, however in the world cup the rules are there for when consent from both players/teams does not happen and one player/team goes ahead anyway.

Finny and I really don't ever want to police this tournament, so we provide the space for teams to work it out between themselves.

This tourney has always been about meeting new folk, having a laugh and making friends. I was totally happy when this request was made, although unusual, it showed that the spirit of this thing was rubbing off on folk woo hoo!  

Hey this is the last one on flash and finny and I said why not, if both teams agree it's a bit of fun and a laugh and no one would have to sit on the bench after playing their guts out to get here. Perfect for what we are trying to do here.

I want to thank all the teams and players that had some fun and a few laughs this year and hope that everyone will get out on twitch and cheer on the finalists in both the Cup and Plate.

Now go out and have a laugh, there has been some really amazing moments and efforts by all to get here... enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Woo Hoo all.

Dotty

• kelsp
    2,196 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 2:53 AM

TdotDoba:

Finny and I really don't ever want to police this tournament, so we provide the space for teams to work it out between themselves.

This tourney has always been about meeting new folk, having a laugh and making friends. I was totally happy when this request was made, although unusual, it showed that the spirit of this thing was rubbing off on folk woo hoo!  

Hey this is the last one on flash and finny and I said why not, if both teams agree it's a bit of fun and a laugh and no one would have to sit on the bench after playing their guts out to get here. Perfect for what we are trying to do here.

I want to thank all the teams and players that had some fun and a few laughs this year and hope that everyone will get out on twitch and cheer on the finalists in both the Cup and Plate.

Thanks Dotty, Finny, Nico(Spreadsheets?) & anyone else who puts in the work every year and all the teams, You all are awesome. 

-kp

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 3:19 AM

Thanks KP, your always class my friend :)

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 4:10 AM

Thanks for the fun event Finny and Dotty and to everyone involved to make it fun. It's great how much participation there is in the live streamed matches on twitch. Makes for an interesting atmosphere to say the least.

I agree, it's all in the spirit of fun and meeting new people, and if it could have been worked out, no harm. I'm surprised this issue hasn't been brought up in past world cups and rule already changed to allow for all team members to play in the finals. With that said, if orginal rules are not somewhat set in stone and followed it creates problems that in turn result in people being rubbed the wrong way and causes bad feelings on both sides. Drama could have been avoided if rules weren't continually bent mid comp. My two pennies.

Good luck to everyone in finals

AB

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 12:07 PM

Hi Folks

As i have just explained to Finny in an E-Mail and maybe should have explained it better on here,myself and Tom WERE going to do a 12 v 12 in the Plate Final but only the main 9 that were picked would count as a result,the other 3 games would of been posted on our respective CC Forums for bragin rights and as that is my old club that i spent 2 years at it seemed a nice touch for the 3 other players that had missed out on playing.

Thanks

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 1:32 PM

AgentBrown123:

Thanks for the fun event Finny and Dotty and to everyone involved to make it fun. It's great how much participation there is in the live streamed matches on twitch. Makes for an interesting atmosphere to say the least.

I agree, it's all in the spirit of fun and meeting new people, and if it could have been worked out, no harm. I'm surprised this issue hasn't been brought up in past world cups and rule already changed to allow for all team members to play. With that said, if orginal rules are not somewhat followed it creates problems that in turn result in people being rubbed the wrong way and causes bad feelings on both sides. Drama could have been avoided if rules weren't continually bent mid comp. My two pennies.

Good luck to everyone in finals

AB

yo jon

exactly what do you mean by rules mid comp buddy im curious?

RSS