Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 4:17 PM

Great semi-final Sammich

We edged it.... just... as we did in QF against SEL

Well played, some top performances from all, we go into the final battle hardened and battle scared from some very tough knockout qualification.

Foo

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 5:04 PM

A big thanks to Darren and his Nova A team for our Semi final show down. All the games were played in fantastic spirits and the caliber of golf on display was of top notch quality by both teams.

TBR cruising around with the windows rolled  down as we venture towards our 2nd WC final in 2 years. Good luck to Foo and his team of Trans Bandits. It will be a tough road towards the trophy as both line ups are stacked with some of the best in the business... Best of luck boys.

Many thanks to Finny, Dotty and Wutpa for hosting another fantastic community organized tournament for everyone's pleasure.

Good luck all.

Jay 

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 9:38 PM

From majestic mountains and valleys of green to crystal clear waters so blue, these wishes are both for "TBR N TCC"

Through out it all, against some of the pre-eminent CC's, both have maintained their grip of existence, albeit by some slim margins.  

Ladies n Gentlemen

It's the WORLD CUP FINAL n BRIIIIIIIIING IIIIIIIIT ON!!!!!!!!!!

Over n Out - Carl 

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 12:49 AM

QUICK UPDATE

COMBOS

BLACK DIAMOND

INDIAN CHIEFS

GET YOUR TEAMS OVER PLEASE,WE HAVE OUR FINALISTS SO WE CAN GO AHEAD WITH THE FINAL,MORE TO COME LATER

FINNY

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 6:00 AM

Hello guys. First of all, i would like to thank you and congratulate you for the way you are running this tournament. No doubt, another great World Cup!!!

I have a proposition for the WC committee, as long as for our opponents in the final TBR.

Bare with me for just a few minutes please. Gordon, Jon and me were in charge of picking the team for every round. Yesterday evening, we were discussing for 4 hours about the team and which players to chose. Not because we are obsessed with the cup or we believe that a single choice would make so much difference in the final score (well...if that was the case, we would have put in all our matches Andy to play!!! LOL), but because we are so close as a team and the spirit in it it's something unique and indescribable. So...as you can understand the choice was pretty hard (an understatement).

So, the the question is this: Can we peak 11 players for the final game IF Gordon and Jay agree to this? It's only fair and the best way to finish a great tournament by giving a chance to the whole team participating in the final game after all these months and after all these games played. I know that Gordon agreed to that already. I don't see that change as breaking the rules or anything like that. It's like the clock rule during the games which was left to players' discretion if both were ok with that (30'', 60'' or 90'').

What do you say folks? Can we do that?

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 6:11 AM

right here we go 

havent heard off dot yet so i will post matchups today and final will commence tomorrow 8th June.

been a long hard world cup this one and i wanted it to be a a little thank you to flash which has brought so many people a lot of pleasure.i have loved the last 8 years i think playing this game on flash,dont know if i will play any part on the new version i have tried it and not a fan,i have always said this game has been the closest thing to real golf on anything i have seen or played but the new version just looks like a cartoon and its miles behind the flash version in any way but fair play to the players who have moved over i hiope it works out for you.

anyway on to the final

TITANS V BANDITS for the cup

COSA NOSTRA V FAIRWAY FANATICS A  for the plate.

well done both teams on making it through been some great moments in this years world cup and some very close matches,i can attest to that i should have had gordon from the bandits i had him rattled lol.

you all know the course

ST ANDREWS THE HOME OF GOLF

MATCHPLAY 18 HOLES 

my favourtie course as i have played it and played well.it may be an easy course for some but when that wind blows hard it can even affect putts.

the ctth forum has a few prizes on the final so check it out and please post.

for the last time this year or any year

gl all players and dont forget to stream if you can.

finny

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 7:01 AM

Yiannis1970:

Hello guys. First of all, i would like to thank you and congratulate you for the way you are running this tournament. No doubt, another great World Cup!!!

I have a proposition for the WC committee, as long as for our opponents in the final TBR.

Bare with me for just a few minutes please. Gordon, Jon and me were in charge of picking the team for every round. Yesterday evening, we were discussing for 4 hours about the team and which players to chose. Not because we are obsessed with the cup or we believe that a single choice would make so much difference in the final score (well...if that was the case, we would have put in all our matches Andy to play!!! LOL), but because we are so close as a team and the spirit in it it's something unique and indescribable. So...as you can understand the choice was pretty hard (an understatement).

So, the the question is this: Can we peak 11 players for the final game IF Gordon and Jay agree to this? It's only fair and the best way to finish a great tournament by giving a chance to the whole team participating in the final game after all these months and after all these games played. I know that Gordon agreed to that already. I don't see that change as breaking the rules or anything like that. It's like the clock rule during the games which was left to players' discretion if both were ok with that (30'', 60'' or 90'').

What do you say folks? Can we do that?

i have no problem if you want the other two to play each other but it will not count in the final.

you can do it for bragging rites if you want and to give them a game could be fun.

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 10:21 AM

HI all,

I love it and again only if the other team agrees.... then really as we have always said in this world cup its about fun and meeting folks and if two players or two team agree to something then more the better woo hoo

What do you think finny, I think it would be great

Cheers,

Dotty

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 10:39 AM

There seems to be a mistake reference tie # 7

FarFoo should be matched against Duffputt and not f1dget.

Thanks.

Jay

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 10:51 AM

f1dget:

There seems to be a mistake reference tie # 7

FarFoo should be matched against Duffputt and not f1dget.

Thanks.

Jay

sorry mate my fault put 1 instead of 11 have sorted it 

RSS